Apache aliasmatch to match user directories

Post by Jordyn A. Buchan » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Call me a dummy, but I can't figure this out.  It must be simple.
> What I want to do is direct all requests from /~username to like
> /a/web/path/users/username

> I messed with aliasmatch, but I don't know the proper string.

> If anyone could help, please post here.   Thanks. :)

Look at mod_rewrite, it will do exactly what you want:

   http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html

This guide even includes an example paralleling your need:

   http://www.engelschall.com/pw/apache/rewriteguide/

Jordyn

1. Apache SSI and <Directory> vs <Directory Match>

I am attempting to have apache process my SSI directives in executable
files (err, XBitHack on)

Apache works as expected, if I set up my directory this way:

<DirectoryMatch /var/www >
    Options  Includes
    AllowOverride None
</DirectoryMatch>

However, if I use this:

<Directory /var/www >
    Options  Includes
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

The server side includes stop working.  I am really confused here.  The
file I am trying to serve is /var/www/test.html.  My root directory is
pointed to /var/www.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks,
jaime

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. SUSE 6.1, setserial problem

3. Apache 1.3 Directory Matching

4. newbie need help

5. 403 Forbidden - when i try to go to a user directory (~user) in Apache

6. BBS Program

7. AliasMatch from ~/account to /users/account

8. dvilj

9. Apache UserDir/AliasMatch

10. AliasMatch is looping apache

11. apache AliasMatch question

12. Q: Apache (1.3.9) + Proxy + AliasMatch