virtual hosts and more webservers behind one firewall

virtual hosts and more webservers behind one firewall

Post by Martin P?ppin » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 09:25:15

Hello together,

I have a small (big?) problem.

We have an Apache Linux Webserver behind a Win200 Firewall (yes, sorry its
Win2000, but that was not my decision) and also 2 other Win2000 Webservers.

But the Win2000 Firewall can only accept requests to ONE HTTP-Server.

Can I do something with Virtual Hosts on httpd.conf that my Apache Webserver
can read files from private Win2000 Webservers?

Hmmm let me try to explain...

The Linux Apache will get the public IP-Address. But it should also be
possible to
get HTML-Pages from the Win2000 Servers which have only a private
IP-Address.

This means, that the Linux-Webserver musst redirect to one of the private
Win2000 Webservers.

Well....
I hop somebody understood what I mean.

For any hints I would be very happy,

thanks a lot,

bye,

Martin

Post by Christoph Voge » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 09:31:03

> Can I do something with Virtual Hosts on httpd.conf that my Apache
Webserver
> can read files from private Win2000 Webservers?
> The Linux Apache will get the public IP-Address. But it should also be
> possible to
> get HTML-Pages from the Win2000 Servers which have only a private
> IP-Address.
> This means, that the Linux-Webserver musst redirect to one of the private
> Win2000 Webservers.

A "real" redirect won't work in this case as you've already worked out. You
can use the ProxyPass directive to map servers of your lan into Apache's
space. It works transparently from outside.

Bye,

Christoph.

virtual hosts and more webservers behind one firewall

Post by Martin P?ppin » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 10:24:21

Quote:> A "real" redirect won't work in this case as you've already worked out.
You
> can use the ProxyPass directive to map servers of your lan into Apache's
> space. It works transparently from outside.

hmmmm....
im very sorry,
but can you explain this a littlebit more?

what files do i have to change?

change a lot,

martin

virtual hosts and more webservers behind one firewall

Post by Martin P?ppin » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 22:41:15

Quote:> change a lot,

LOL,
for course,
I mean thanks a lot,
not change a lot ;o)

bye,
Martin

virtual hosts and more webservers behind one firewall

Post by SMS » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:46:16

Hi,

I ran into trouble trying this myself. The directive I used was something
like:

ProxyPass /path/ http://192.168.1.4/

Is this correct????

SMS

> > Can I do something with Virtual Hosts on httpd.conf that my Apache
> Webserver
> > can read files from private Win2000 Webservers?
> > The Linux Apache will get the public IP-Address. But it should also be
> > possible to
> > get HTML-Pages from the Win2000 Servers which have only a private
> > IP-Address.
> > This means, that the Linux-Webserver musst redirect to one of the
private
> > Win2000 Webservers.

> A "real" redirect won't work in this case as you've already worked out.
You
> can use the ProxyPass directive to map servers of your lan into Apache's
> space. It works transparently from outside.

> Bye,

> Christoph.

1. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

Hello.

Have been running 1.2b8 for a intranet and decided to move upto 1.3b2. I
have several name based virtual hosts that have been working under
1.2b8. After compiling and installing 1.3b2 my virtual hosts do not
work. In fact what happens is that even though DocumentRoot and default
server name is different, eg: www.serverA.net pointing to /www/default,
Apache 1.3b2 will always take me to the first defined virtual host as if
it's locked to it no matter what virtual host I try to browse. What
gives? Please post and E-Mail.

In /etc/hosts for my machines IP address I have

A.B.C.D         www.default.net www.virtA.net www.virtB.net

In ../conf/httpd.conf I have;

<VirtualHost www.virtA.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtA
ServerName www.virtA.net
ErrorLog logs/virtA.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtA.access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.virtB.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtB
ServerName www.virtB.net
ErrorLog logs/virtB.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtB.access.log
</VirtualHost>

--

2. bootp or EXB8505XL anyone?

3. Virtual Hosting With Mutliple Web Server behind Linux Firewall

4. I need help with USR Sporter 28.8 33.6 Fax Voice modem

5. Apache Named Virtual hosts behind port forwarding firewall

6. Extended partition very sluggish: any ideas why?

7. Accessing a virtual host from behind a firewall

8. customize mouse buttons?

9. Q: Apache Virtual Hosting Behind NAT Firewall RH7.1

10. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

11. FreeBSD and natd - routing from behind firewall to behind firewall.

12. FTP server behind linux firewall communicating w/ FTP behind linux firewall

13. accessing webserver from behind firewall