Disabling user pages with Apache?

Post by Georg Schwa » Tue, 06 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I've just set up Apache 1.1.1 on a Linux box. Now this server is not
intended for users setting up their personal pages in their home
directories there (we've got another server where they can do so).
So my question is:
How can I *disable* the user directory feature with Apache?

Uncommenting "UserDir public_html" in srm.conf did not make a difference,
setting "UserDir None" just made ~user requests being expanded to
~user/None/, not exactly what I wanted...
So how can it be done? Thanks.
--

Institut fr Theoretische Physik  +49 30 314-24254   FAX -21130   IRC kuroi
Technische Universit?t Berlin  http://itp1.physik.tu-berlin.de/~schwarz/

Post by Georg Schwa » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>How can I *disable* the user directory feature with Apache?

Finally I found out that it is

UserDir disabled

Maybe this is of interest for others, too.
--

Institut fr Theoretische Physik  +49 30 314-24254   FAX -21130   IRC kuroi
Technische Universit?t Berlin  http://itp1.physik.tu-berlin.de/~schwarz/

Disabling user pages with Apache?

Post by Paul Sutto » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I've just set up Apache 1.1.1 on a Linux box. Now this server is not
> intended for users setting up their personal pages in their home
> directories there (we've got another server where they can do so).
> So my question is:
> How can I *disable* the user directory feature with Apache?

> Uncommenting "UserDir public_html" in srm.conf did not make a difference,
> setting "UserDir None" just made ~user requests being expanded to
> ~user/None/, not exactly what I wanted...
> So how can it be done? Thanks.

Try

  UserDir disabled

Paul