Apache 1.2.1 & CGI scripts

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>after compiling, installing, configuring and running the Apache httpd I
>ran into the problem, that on calling a CGI-script, always the contents
>of that script is displayed in my browser and the script is never ever
>executed!
>I'va already modified srm.conf accordingly, i.e. adding the appropriate
>'AddType' and 'AddHandler' entries.

No you haven't.  If you did it would work.  You need to say what you
did.

Do you have "ExecCGI" in your options directive covering that
directory?

Quote:>--------------4820E48958BCF8CDB2A37512

vcards are silly.

Apache 1.2.1 & CGI scripts

Post by Martin M. HEI » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

--------------4820E48958BCF8CDB2A37512

Hi everybody,

after compiling, installing, configuring and running the Apache httpd I
ran into the problem, that on calling a CGI-script, always the contents
of that script is displayed in my browser and the script is never ever
executed!

Iva already modified srm.conf accordingly, i.e. adding the appropriate
'AddType' and 'AddHandler' entries.

My platform: SNI RM600 M240 + Sinix 5.43 + GNU CC 2.7.2 + Perl5.004 +
Apache 1.2.1

Martin

--------------4820E48958BCF8CDB2A37512

begin:          vcard
fn:             Martin HEIN
n:              HEIN;Martin
org:            max.mobil.
adr:            Kelsenstrasse 5-7;;;Vienna;Vienna;A-1030;Austria/Europe

title:          Internet/Intranet Analyst/Admin
tel;work:       +43-1-79585-337
tel;fax:        +43-1-79585-529
tel;home:       +43-676-3456-337
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------4820E48958BCF8CDB2A37512--

1. Apache && CGI && uid || back to cern?

Hi,

I just migrated my host's web server from cern httpd to apache 1.1.1
(host os linux) and got it up and running quite fast and quite fine.

BUT there is one job that seems to make problems to get done with apache:

I want to allow some of the users (not all, not generally) to write
CGI scripts that get executed under their own user-id. Example:

http://atpforest/cgi-bin/date.sh     is being executed with uid www:users
http://atpforest/~ac/cgi/date.sh     is being executed with uid ac:users

(date.sh being a simple shell script giving you the host's date and time)
With CERN, I could do this with a Protection/Protect/Exec statement and
.www_acl in the user's cgi dir. With Apache, this seems to be possible
only by writing a script running as root doing the job, or is there
another way (the docs don't tell...) ?

greets, ac.-
---

ps. what does the line
  ---

  ---
  try to tell me (happens when I try to post an article from the atpforest
  host instead of this one)? Which file has to be set to make tin work
  again? (/etc/NNTPSERVER is set correctly)

andres cvitkovich - vienna university of technology, austria

www: http://atpforest.tuwien.ac.at/~ac/

2. finger command in Linux FT

3. apache: give /home/mailman/cgi-bin permissions to run cgi-scripts.

4. my ultra 10 and disc space

5. apache: cgi script not in cgi-bin

6. Gui on a shell?!?

7. Using .cgi/.pl to enable CGI script in Apache

8. Konqueror

9. SSIs & CGI scripts : Syntax differences between Apache and Netscape Servers

10. Trouble w/CGI Scripts & Virtual Server Using Apache

11. pls help re: executing cgi scripts in html & apache conf.

12. Apache: .htaccess & cgi scripts

13. CGI & Perl scripts under Apache