The most basic of basics..

Post by Chri » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking to find out exactly what to download in order to install
Apache on my Ultra-2 machine running Solaris 2.5.1. Any help here is
greatly appreciated.

BTW, so far i've downloaded the 2.1 meg file from
apache.org/dist/binaries/solaris/  then in here i downloaded a file:
apache_1.3.6-sun4c-sun-solaris2.250.tar.gz .

Now im downloading gnuzip...

In he meantime, I thought i'd try to get some pointers from this grp.
All i'm really trying to do is get a small intranet going here onsite.

Thanks
Chris

The most basic of basics..

Post by Joshua Sliv » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I'm looking to find out exactly what to download in order to install
> Apache on my Ultra-2 machine running Solaris 2.5.1. Any help here is
> greatly appreciated.
> BTW, so far i've downloaded the 2.1 meg file from
> apache.org/dist/binaries/solaris/  then in here i downloaded a file:
> apache_1.3.6-sun4c-sun-solaris2.250.tar.gz .
> Now im downloading gnuzip...
> In he meantime, I thought i'd try to get some pointers from this grp.
> All i'm really trying to do is get a small intranet going here onsite.

Ummmm.... Buy a unix book... Read the Apache books carefully...
Not to be flippent, but you will have much better luck if you
read carefully and try it out, then come here with specific questions.

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

1. Basic and Basic->C converter wanted

Looking for recommendations for what kind of basic (yes, basic) to run
on a 4.3bsd unix system (sperry 7040 (tahoe) to be exact). I have a
version of UBC basic that has severe garbage collection problems among
other things. Had Phil's Basic running under 4.2 for a while. Any other
ideas?

And if I don't come up with a decent working basic, are there any basic->C
comverters archived anywhere on the net, or for retail? I have a few folks
here who don't want to learn a real programming language. :-(

Email please... I will post a summary after a while.

--

ICBM: 43 4 58 N/ 87 55 52 W  Usnail: 3200 N Cramer #E380, Milw WI 53211

2. Realtek RTL8129 Network interface working with Linux ?

3. basic, very basic

4. Netscape & FreeBSD

5. Basic Compiler/Basic-to-C Compiler

6. Two user accounts with the same home directory?

7. How can I run basic (most basic) linux from a diskette ????

8. eepro100 vs kernel upgrade

9. No ROM BASIC Use Toshiba Basic

10. Basic basic troff question??!

11. Very basic problem for a basic user....counting pipes and appending to the end of line.

12. Basic, Basic SCSI Question

13. very basic basic newbie question