help with netscape server on SUN UNIX platform

help with netscape server on SUN UNIX platform

Post by Jason TIMMIN » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

hello,
    I'm very new to this list so please be patient.
    We have recently bought netscape messenger server (v 3.1) to replace our
old UUCP mail system.
    What I would like to know is, how do we install the messenger server
when we have a firewall in place. I know we should use MX records but I'm
not sure how/where.
    Do we just install the messenger server within our LAN and open port 25
on the Firewall or do we have to install the messenger server on both LAN
and firewall???

    Please help and if possible, respond to my e-mail address as I don't
have regular access to news.

        TIA.
            Jason

1. UNIX (BSDI 1.1) as a platform for NetScape server??

I saw on NetScape's FAQ regarding its new NT server software that it can
be run over UNIX on an Intel-based machine. We'd like have some of our
people try NetScape software on our Intels before we purchase our Sun
system. Can anyone tell me about BSDI 1.1? Where can we get it? Are we
wasting our time taking this approach? Any suggestions with NetScape
server software?

Steven Williams

2. Need to learn AIX fast. Use BSD?

3. Statistics on UNIX server platforms vs. other O/S Servers??

4. [apache][ssl] https://localhost => error messages

5. ldd equivalent on non Sun UNIX platforms

6. Dynamic DNS like

7. Veritas Netbackup Tape Server Platform: SUN vs NT

8. What does ELF stand for?

9. error with netscape enterprise server on sun: help!!

10. Pentium/BSDI Unix server vs. Sun/Solaris server

11. IBM Laptop Unix Servers and Netscape Enterprise Server

12. Help for multiple ethernet card in Sun Sparc Platform

13. Help with Netscape setup on Unix server