Content-Length Header in Apache 1.3b3

Post by Stephan Dueh » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

1.3b3 seems not to send any Content-Length header, even if it is not
an Server-Parsed page. This is a problem when mirroring some pages for
local access with GNU wget.

Any ideas?

Content-Length Header in Apache 1.3b3

Post by Marc Slemk » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>1.3b3 seems not to send any Content-Length header, even if it is not
>an Server-Parsed page. This is a problem when mirroring some pages for
>local access with GNU wget.
>Any ideas?

Are you _sure_ it isn't server parsed?

Are you sure nothing else special is handling it?

Are you sure you aren't making a HTTP/1.1 requst and getting a
chunked reply?

Give an example URL.

1. content-length not returned in some headers

hello,

I was looking at the headers some Apache servers return and noticed that the
server doesn't always return the content-length :(
I tried looking for a pattern, but it looks like it's random.  Apache sends
the length for some HTML files, and then doesn't for other ones....

for an example, try looking at the headers returned by something like
        http://www.dominis.com/Zines/ByCategory/

Does anyone know why that is ?  Also, this may not be only the Apache
problem....

Thanks !

Otis
--
eZines Database          -      <URL:http://www.dominis.com/Zines/>
eBooks Dominis Bookstore -      <URL:http://www.booksite.com/cgi-bin/zines>

2. users get error with kde

3. MH vs. Content-Length: header

4. Rik van Riel's vm-rmap

5. mailx and Content-Length: headers

6. How do I Host Domain Names with RedHat on CableModem

7. Content-Length http header?

8. grep/awk/sed question

9. Help: (mail) content-length/type headers not set

10. dtmail and Content-Length header

11. Apache/POST/Content-length

12. Apache 2.0: SSI with CGI misreports Content-length

13. Content-length w/ Apache 1.1.1