TransferLog pipe

Post by Daniel Grimwoo » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

OK, I'm doing the TransferLog piping to external program, which filters
the log.  The problem is that the double quotes in the "GET bla" do not
get passed through to the program.  They get treated as string formatters
like usual.  In the LogFormat I tried putting a \\ before the \" so that
the " gets passed through as a normal character.  This didn't work though,
besides the URL might also have " in it anyway.  So the question is, how
do I get the quote characters passed to the program correctly?  I've tried
using a gawk script called from csh, and perl, but both seem to remove the
quotes.  I know for sure that csh plays with quotes, but I don't know
about perl.

Alternatively, if anyone has some actual working code, I'd love that too.

Thanks,
Daniel.

1. TransferLog pipe

Here's a problem that probably takes a simple answer. Something I've
overlooked.  I want to pass logging information to a perl script.

I have:

TransferLog "| /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/script.cgi"

and:

#! /usr/local/bin/perl

open (FILE, ">>/usr/local/bin/logs/file");

        print FILE;

close (FILE);

exit 0;

What I get is "Document Contains No Data" from the Browser and
"Lost connection with machine.com" in the error_log.

Any suggestions?

It all works fine if I just change TransferLog to:
TransferLog /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/file

instead of having the pipe but I want to operate on the log info
on the fly with Perl.

Thanks.

David Geller

2. Is ATI ULTRA PRO an accelerated card?

3. Apache 1.2.0: TransferLog pipe -- still having problems

4. kickstart won't start

5. feeding Apache TransferLog into pipe

6. Serial overruns/collisions (incoming only oddities)

7. dump pipe gzip pipe ssh pipe dd... blocksize?

8. PEX and XIE extention modules not loaded

9. Problems with Start Apache 1.2.0 ==> Invalid command TransferLog

10. rotatelog command and CustomLog / TransferLog

11. Apache, httpd.conf, transferLog: Limiting certain files from being logged

12. Apache Transferlog Limit GET

13. Apache TransferLog upload count?