Hoow to i make a certificate?

Post by cough.. » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have apache running with mod_ssl.  I am getting an error in the
error_log saying that apache "should be ssl aware, but has no
certificate configured."

I ran `make certificate` gave it my info, and choose the defualts.  I
then ran `make install`.  Shouldn't that be enough? I see that the .crt
files are still dummy files!

What else am I missing? I just want to get startssl going for personal
use.

TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Hoow to i make a certificate for mod_ssl?

I have apache running with mod_ssl.  I am getting an error in the
error_log saying that apache "should be ssl aware, but has no
certificate configured."

I ran `make certificate` gave it my info, and choose the defualts.  I
then ran `make install`.  Shouldn't that be enough? I see that the .crt
files are still dummy files!

What else am I missing? I just want to get startssl going for personal
use.

TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. FIFO Efficiency?

3. making an ssl certificate

4. serial probs

5. openssl, certificate, tomcat, port certificate

6. linux command

7. pb with self-signed certificate and certificate installation within IE browser

8. RFC 1867 - help me to emmulate a browser.

9. Making changes to env variables and making them stick

10. Making a new kernel - CVSuped, not made world yet.

11. certificate migration

12. New SSL certificate for existing server

13. How to Get Client Certificate after HTTPS Authentication