Help needed to start apache server

Post by Asha Bageshpur » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have installed  successfully the following modules.

- Apache 1.3.3 with mod-perl-1.16

- Perl 5.004 with
  - libnet-1.0605
  - libwww-perl-5.41
  - DBI-1.02
  - DBD-Oracle-0.54

I am trying to start the apache server and I get the following error

apachectl start
kill: 7035: no such process
Syntax error on line 25 of
/log/perlmodules/apache133/apache_1.3.3/etc/srm.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlRequire', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not inc
luded in the server configuration
apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any ideas ?
Thanks
-Asha

1. Starting devel on network server app. Need help starting out.

Hello,

    I'm developing a new computer game.

    I'm not sure how to phrase this correctly. The game is a
client/server based approach. The server will hold the data, and will
handle all communication to/from the individual clients. The server will
also manipulate the data, hence lowering network traffic, and reducing
the CPU/network intense locking/timing needed to maintain a database
across multiple clients.

    What I need to do is actually start researching the construction of
the server. I need to start looking for information on how to interface
an application with the network, so it can "hear" and "speak" to the
clients.

    What are some good resources I can start reading?

    Thanks in advance,

    Lyndon

2. Sendmail/ Unknown users

3. newbie help with starting an apache server...users outside local network cant find server.

4. How can I get the information about MGA Milennium?

5. Apache JServ--Need help starting servlets

6. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (7/7) [Frequent posting]

7. need help starting a server process automatically

8. Slace Space and Copying

9. Help needed with Netscape Communication Server start-up problem!

10. APACHE SERVER BEING HELD HOSTAGE programmer needed HELP

11. Apache and FTP Server. Help needed.

12. Need Help SettingUp Apache Server

13. Need Apache help, "server-parsed" with "send-as-is".