Trouble w/CGI Scripts & Virtual Server Using Apache

Trouble w/CGI Scripts & Virtual Server Using Apache

Post by Patti Revell » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I'm running Linux 1.2.13 and Apache 1.0.5 with 8 virtual domains.  I patched the Linux kernel to do IP
aliasing and I create the <VirtualServer some.domain.com> entries in the httpd.conf as well as create a
srm.conf file for each virtual server.  Anyway I am having the toughest time getting simple CGI scripts to
work under Apache I get error page back saying:

        Server Error

anything you might have done that may have caused the error..

The same cgi works just fine when I duplicate the same setting on another VERY similar Linux box running the
newest NCSA HTTPD.  I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing but I would GREATLY appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Jim

1. Using .cgi/.pl to enable CGI script in Apache

I am trying to run CGI scripts local to the companion HTML documents
using the Apache server and Linux. According to the manual if I add the
lines:

AddType application/x-httpd-cgi cgi pl
AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .cgi .pl
 (yeah - I wasn't sure whether or not to include the "." so I tried it
  both ways)

to the srm.conf and restart the server, that should do it.

Not true.

I get:
        Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /chamFarm/CFemail.pl on this server.

(where CFemail.pl is the script in the HTML home directory "chamFarm"
- as expected)

 the script has 777 permissions just to enable all possible
permissions.

If I take the lines out of the srm.conf file and restart the server, I
get:

Method not implemented

POST to /chamFarm/CFemail.pl not supported.
 which, I guess, is the sort of error you might expect.

So I don't see the problem. This should be very straightforward. Does
anyone have any ideas?

        Thanks for your time,
                Gary Whitten

2. rusers for Linux?

3. using cgi scripts on an apache proxy server

4. DOSEMU

5. Apache 1.3b6: Trouble with Virtual Servers & AOL 3.1

6. ppp rumors

7. SSIs & CGI scripts : Syntax differences between Apache and Netscape Servers

8. AHA-2940UW is not working in my computer..???

9. Apache Gurus: Apache virtual server using SSI???

10. Virtual Hosts using POST with CGI scripts

11. Apache && CGI && uid || back to cern?

12. Redirect cgi (perl) scripts using Apache 0.8.14

13. APACHE: using CGI scripts ?