problems with installation of 2 apache server

problems with installation of 2 apache server

Post by Laurent Duboi » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
i'm trying to run 2 apaches server on the same hosts and have some not
expected results.
i've installed a first server with the default configuration files
(/etc/httpd/conf/access.conf , httpd.conf and srm.conf..).
this server listen to the adress xxx.xxx.xxx.169:80. it works fine..
so for the second one , i copy configurations files under another directory
and configure them to make server listen to the address xxx.xxx.xxx.170:80.
i lauch it by the command /usr/sbin/httpd -f <where is my configuration
file>
this server works fine too but i got the same index page as the first one.
it works like if the second server is launched with the default config
files...
what's the problem?

Post by Joshua Sliv » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,
> i'm trying to run 2 apaches server on the same hosts and have some not
> expected results.
> i've installed a first server with the default configuration files
> (/etc/httpd/conf/access.conf , httpd.conf and srm.conf..).
> this server listen to the adress xxx.xxx.xxx.169:80. it works fine..
> so for the second one , i copy configurations files under another directory
> and configure them to make server listen to the address xxx.xxx.xxx.170:80.
> i lauch it by the command /usr/sbin/httpd -f <where is my configuration
> file>
> this server works fine too but i got the same index page as the first one.
> it works like if the second server is launched with the default config
> files...
> what's the problem?

Obvious but obligatory question:  Did you change the DocumentRoot, etc,
in the second set of config files?

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

1. Problem in Apache server installation, need help

I am trying to install apache web server.I am using sun(5.3)/Solaris(2.3).
I compile it. But when I try to run/install it gives me error messages:

    HTTP/1.0 500 Server Error
    Date: Mon, 15th 1995 23:25:31 GMT
    Server: Apache/0.6.2

    <HEAD><TITLE>500 Server Error</TITLE></HEAD>
    <BODY><H1>500 Server Error</H1>
    Segmentation Fault

I want to use virtual interface and I have already installed Cern httpd
in the same server.But I want to go Apache httpd.
Can any body help me out, will be appriciated.

2. failed dependencies: missing libc.so

3. Sending XML data to Apache web server and capturing this sent data from the Apache server

4. Travan-4 Meltdown?

5. Problems adding Apache JServ module to Apache Web Server as a Dynamic Shared Object

6. ( Want my first born?? ) the saga continues.....

7. Wrong virtual host index.html in new Apache server installation

8. ISP service

9. help: Apache 1.3.3 server installation.

10. Apache Server's re-installation

11. Problem getting Server Side Include to work on IBM HTTP Server (Apache Build).

12. Problem with AOL Proxy Server and Apache 1.2.4 Server-Parsed-Include

13. Ethernet card found during installation but I see error msgs on console (server installation)