Apache, Server Side Include: include

Post by Joshua Sliv » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> For me (on Apache 1.3.6 and 1.3.9) a
> <!--#include virtual="a1"----->
> in the middle of my shtml file loads the contents of the file "a1" all
> right, but the remaining text of the html file is lost.

Hmmmm.  I would start by using a proper SSI directive:

<!--#include virtual="a1" -->

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

Apache, Server Side Include: include

Post by Thomas Griesba » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Joshua,

> Hmmmm.  I would start by using a proper SSI directive:

> <!--#include virtual="a1" -->

OK, I knew I was doing something wrong...

Funny, though that it worked partially.

Thanks !

Thomas

1. Apache, Server Side Include: include

From reading the mod_include documentation on the Apache web site at

http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_include.html

I have the feeling that the element "include" is not doing for me what I
think it should. The docs say:

"include: This command inserts the text of another document or file into
the parsed file."

For me (on Apache 1.3.6 and 1.3.9) a

<!--#include virtual="a1"----->

in the middle of my shtml file loads the contents of the file "a1" all
right, but the remaining text of the html file is lost.

Thus I would say "include" _appends_ the content of one file.

I was, however, looking for a way to _insert_ text (from several files)
into a shtml file. Can this be done ? Can "include" work as advertised ?

Thanks for any help !

Thomas

2. Hard Disks Crashed?

3. getting server side includes to work with apache server

4. I've been cracked!

5. Problem getting Server Side Include to work on IBM HTTP Server (Apache Build).

6. Microsolutions parallel port Tape Drive Dilemna

7. Apache 1.1.1 and Server Side Includes

8. Ultra33 DMA Controller

9. Server Side Includes - Apache

10. Apache Server Side Includes Won't Work

11. Apache and Server Side Includes

12. Server-side includes in Apache-1.3.14

13. exec cgi server-side-includes in apache 0.8.14