I'm getting a "could not bind address" error

I'm getting a "could not bind address" error

Post by Jef » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:16:04

"C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache -k start
(730048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
address/port) is
 normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address
192.168.0.4:80
Unable to open logs"

It works if i change the port to 81. But then i have to add
"www.mywebpage.com:81" for example to access my website.
Pretty stupid and annoying.

Does anyone have any ideas about this at all?

Thanks!

I'm getting a "could not bind address" error

Post by johannes m.r » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:44:06

Probably you have  an MS IIS or MS PWS installed & started. Deactivate
it.
j.

I'm getting a "could not bind address" error

Post by gb » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:55:47

I'm having the same trouble trying to load onto XP how would I change the
Ports? and what would be the address of the local host?

Apache 2

Very unsure as what is going wrong, I have this error message when opening
Apache Console.

<32548>Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)
 is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address
127.0.0.1:8080
no listening sockets available, shutting down"

But I do have the Apache icon on the task bar, which on mouse-over reads "No
services installed".
In Apache Service Moniter the text box under Service Status is blank also
the Start/Stop/Restart buttons are fadded out.
Whilst the Services & Connect (what ever they are)features seem to be
working.

Advice much appreciated.

Giles

1. Getting error: "cpd bind address already in use"

Hello,

Getting error "system log: cannot open internet domain
socket address already in use" and/or "cpd bind
address already in use".

We already verified the files /etc/inittab, /etc/conf/init.d/sio
according to the SCO TA-105146.

SCO Open Server is 5.0.4.

Thank!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. linuxppc2000 and AnotherLevel

3. "mount -o bind" - "fs type none not supported" error

4. uclinux ..testing..

5. error: could not bind to "IP" port 80 (Address already in use)

6. Route delete

7. "Too Many Softcalls" and "Memory Address not aligned" errors

8. Creating a new filesystem in a new partition

9. Newbie question about "Listen" and "Bind address"

11. "connect" between "bind" and "listen"

13. Sharing printer gets "Can't read 'ushareName'" error