inconsistencies in header responses using Apache 2.0.35 on Windows 2000 and Solaris 8

inconsistencies in header responses using Apache 2.0.35 on Windows 2000 and Solaris 8

Post by Da » Sat, 04 May 2002 04:36:00

I am seeing an inconsistency in header responses using Apache 2.0.35
on Windows 2000 and Solaris 8. For Windows 2000, if I have my
httpd.conf file setup the as the default with the server name set to
127.0.0.1:80 and listen set to 127.0.0.1:80, I get two different
header responses based on how I make my request. If I use GET file
http://127.0.0.1, I get a full response header that reflects custom
response headers that I added in httpd.conf. If I use GET file
http://localhost or GET file http://mymachinename, I get a partial
header response with about half the entries as the full response and
the custom headers I added do not show up. I am running Apache locally
as stand alone and do not have DNS. Why are the headers different? In
each case, there are no errors and I get a response code of HTTP/1.1
200, but I did notice that in the access.log file, I sometimes get a
response code of HTTP/1.1 206. The status code 206 is never reflected
in the response I get when making the request.

With the same version of Apache running on Sun Solaris 8 with the
exact same setup, I always get a partial header response and cannot
add any custom response header entries using the mod_header directive
Headers add. When I add custom response header entries in the
httpd.conf file, the server starts with no errors and the logs are
clean, but I do not see the custom entries in the response header.
Also, in the access.log file, it shows all requests as HTTP/1.0 200. I
suspect that the reason I cannot see the full header with the custom
header entries is because, for some reason, the server is using HTTP
1.0 instead of HTTP 1.1. I dont understand why the logs and the
response I am getting would reflect 1.0 instead of 1.1. The browser
used to connect to the server was Netscape 6 and there are no browser
match directives in the conf file that force HTTP/1.0 for Netscape.
What is happening here and the HTTP 1.0 response the reason I cannot
get the full response header?

My biggest concern is getting the Solaris 8 setup to send the full
response header with the custom response header entries. I wrote about
the Windows setup to use as a comparison because I tested both
environments to validate the problem. My goal is to get Apache 2.0 on
Solaris 8 to send a full response header with the custom header
entries. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.

1. floppy / 2.0.35 / Digital Hinote Ultra 2000 : unexpected interrupt

I'm running Redhat 5.1, with a 2.0.35 kernel, on a
Digital Hinote Ultra 2000.

When I mount the floppy, I can access it OK; but then if I do nothing
with it for between one and two minutes, the kernel gives "floppy:
unexpected interrupt", and all accesses return I/O errors (if I'm
lucky) or silently return zero bytes (if I'm not). The unexpected
interrupt is then repeated every 60 seconds until the floppy is
unmounted.

(This happens whether the floppy driver is built in, or loaded as a
module.)

Anybody have any idea what's happening?

Please mail as well as posting, since I'm not sure how reliable my
newsfeed is.

2. Shell Accounts?

3. Wishlists for Linux AND Windows 2000 (was Re: Wishlists for Linux (vs) Windows 2000)

4. 3com900.c modifications

5. Apache 2.x (35 or 39) on Solaris Intel

6. Still problems with PCMCIA in 2.5.72

7. problem compiling Apache HTTPD 2.0.35 in Solaris 8 (sparc)

8. HP Deskjet support for ghostscript?

9. apache 2.0.35+php 4.2.0+solaris 2.6

10. Apache 3.0.35 on Solaris 8

11. Compiling Apache HTTPD 2.0.35 on Solaris 2.8

12. Problem adding DSO module to Apache 2.0.35 on 64 bit Solaris 8 2/02

13. Problems with building Apache 2.0.35 on Solaris 5.8