Netscape Enterprise 3.0g patch

Post by Cynd » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I tried downloading the 3.0g patch for the Netscape Enterprise 3.0
server on Solaris.  It is in the format something.tar.Z but when I try
to uncompress it, I get an error:  corrupt input.

I know I ftped it in bin mode.  I can't find any help at the Netscape
site.

Has anyone else run across this?  Any help is appreciated.

Cyndy Luk
West Group

1. Netscape Enterprise 2.01 + SSL patch: extreme memory demands ?

Anyone else seen this? Since installing the 2.01c "million question" patch
on our Solaris 2.5.1 Enterprise 2.01 install, the pool of httpd's appears to
be demanding much more virtual memory. In peak hours they consume about
50 MB of memory per minute, using more CPU and driving system loads up.
We've resorted to a scripted kill and restart (the "stop" script isn't brutal
enough -- we "stop" then "kill", then sleep a few secs, then "kill -9") of
the httpd pool *every ten minutes* so it doesn't consume all the swap space,
starving CGI and other processes on the machine.

I note that home.netscape.com is *still* being hosted with 2.01, not the
2.01c patch, so maybe the folks in Mountain View have seen this problem?
Doesn't exactly encourage me to install the copy of 3.5x that they shipped
to us...

Advice much appreciated,

-Peter

P.S. Netscape folks: sorry, I'd ask you in provate if it didn't cost $85 USD

-    OS/2 Warp 4  -   peterw*clark.net   -   Linux/X-Windows   -
-        Technology is only as good as the good it does.       -

2. Linux locks, need help with error message

3. Netscape 3.0G & Java

4. Any free load generator for Solaris 9 in a Java environment?

5. solaris 2.6_recomened patch(enterprise 250) problem

6. Don't buy from Cables to go

7. Applying Patches to SCO OS5 Enterprise

8. URGENT Installation of Package SUNWcarx

9. Patches for Enterprise Server 3.6 ?

10. Applying Patches to SCO OS5 Enterprise

11. Netscape Enterprise Server - cache and threads problems

12. Setting environment variables (netscape enterprise server/aix)

13. Netscape Enterprise 3 <defunct> processes