Netscape's Proxy Server

Post by Ing. Alejandro Silva Castillo/Webmaste » Tue, 11 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi Mr. Malcolm, Mr. Delisle and all!

First of all: Thanks, for your answer! I always get impressed by the fast
and good answers I always receive from the newsgroups, Wow!

The topic of this message is: I finally got it! :) For those of you who
tried to do the same thing as me but couldn't, here's how it worked for
me.

I re-registered in the Test Drive program and I was given the next URL to
download the Proxy Server:

  http://test-drive.netscape.com/download/

with the same UserID and password. Please note that it's different from
the original (http://test-drive.netscape.com/edu_drive/download/).

Mr. Malcolm: I also went to Netscape's ftp server, but there's the beta
version of the next Proxy server and this was a situation where I didn't
want a beta product but a fully tested one. Thanks anyway! :) I
appreciate it!

Mr. Delisle: I've been so happy with Netscape products that I didn't want
other products (I tried some others though, but I'm happier with
Netscape's Proxy server now). I also appreciate your help!

Well, hope this helps someone else :)

Greetings

Ing. Alejandro Silva Castillo     Webmaster, ITESM Campus San Luis Potosi

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. Problems With TAR !!!

3. Netscape Proxy Server and Microsoft's Active Directory

4. Gnu Gopher and linux display problems

5. Netscape proxy server authentication -- change user's password

6. Apache configuration problem

7. Netscape's Proxy Server

8. Maximum theoretical SLIP ports

9. Netscape Proxy Server can't assign address

10. Selective Caching of URL's in Netscape Proxy server?

11. Redhat5.0's proxy server and firewall proxy

12. Netscape proxy server with SOCKS server