pwdfile?

Post by Jan » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 20:03:12

I've got an .htaccess file referring to a .asswd file with users and
password. How do I add a new user/password. I'm thinking of the encrypting
password, the username is easily addded.

Format:
john:6UN5FEhLWetKk
bill:tgYrQ0XBt.ghw

CuteFTP doesn't display .-files (hidden files), is it possible or do you
recommend another FTP client? FTP for DOS works fine using the ls -a
command.

pwdfile?

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:06:57

> I've got an .htaccess file referring to a .asswd file with users and
> password. How do I add a new user/password. I'm thinking of the encrypting
> password, the username is easily addded.

> Format:
> john:6UN5FEhLWetKk
> bill:tgYrQ0XBt.ghw

Perl has the crypt() function.  I have an example of an htpasswd.cgi
script at http://www.de-srv.com/pub/, but I hear that there is also a Perl
module for that.

Quote:> CuteFTP doesn't display .-files (hidden files), is it possible or do you
> recommend another FTP client? FTP for DOS works fine using the ls -a
> command.

I have never used CuteFTP, but I imagine it has some checkbox in its
options or a long display that should be able to show hidden files.  It
would be pretty lame if it didn't.  Otherwise maybe it has a way to do
SITE commands.  WS_FTP can show hidden files.  I don't use Windows much,
but last time I looked it was hard to find a free ftp client anymore.

--
David Efflandt  (Reply-To is valid)  http://www.de-srv.com/

pwdfile?

Post by pee » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 20:54:20

>I have never used CuteFTP, but I imagine it has some checkbox in its
>options or a long display that should be able to show hidden files.  It
>would be pretty lame if it didn't.  Otherwise maybe it has a way to do
>SITE commands.  WS_FTP can show hidden files.  I don't use Windows much,
>but last time I looked it was hard to find a free ftp client anymore.

Well, needless to say, Windows sucks, but it does have a free included
FTP client as long as I've been using MS TCP/IP stacks. Just open up a
command prompt and type FTP. It shows .xxx files without problems.

Regards,
Peek

PS: That is, unless they dropped it with Win2000/ME etc.