Setting up a server for website hosting UNIX

Setting up a server for website hosting UNIX

Post by brebrean.. » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 11:34:57

what software is needed to set up website hosting on my server.  I want
to have it where a person can go so out set and set up a subdomain
instantly.  I want them to have there own cgi directory as well

Please advise.

Setting up a server for website hosting UNIX

Post by Rich Bugg » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 22:34:49

Quote:> what software is needed to set up website hosting on my server.  I want
> to have it where a person can go so out set and set up a subdomain
> instantly.  I want them to have there own cgi directory as well

  I'll combine my answer to this and your next post here.

  I'm not aware of any "out of the box" software that does this for you.
Generally you would use stand a lone applications and integrate them. I've
included a list of the types of applications you are going to need below
with possible options.

Web Server (Apache - http://www.apache.org/)
FTP Server (wu-ftpd - http://www.wu-ftpd.org/)
Database (MySQL - http://www.mysql.com/)
E-mail (Sendmail - http://www.sendmail.org/)

Setting these up on their own is easy. It's making them work together that
will take a bit of effort. You will need to write your own scripts to handle
account creation, invoicing/payments and account suspension/deletion.

  If you want I can give you the name of a company that can create a private
label hosting service for you.

     Rich

Setting up a server for website hosting UNIX

Post by brebrean.. » Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:59:56

Thanks for all of your help in this matter Yes please send me the name of the
company you spoke of above that will provide the private label service.

Thanks again

> > what software is needed to set up website hosting on my server.  I want
> > to have it where a person can go so out set and set up a subdomain
> > instantly.  I want them to have there own cgi directory as well

>   I'll combine my answer to this and your next post here.

>   I'm not aware of any "out of the box" software that does this for you.
> Generally you would use stand a lone applications and integrate them. I've
> included a list of the types of applications you are going to need below
> with possible options.

> Web Server (Apache - http://www.apache.org/)
> FTP Server (wu-ftpd - http://www.wu-ftpd.org/)
> Database (MySQL - http://www.mysql.com/)
> E-mail (Sendmail - http://www.sendmail.org/)

> Setting these up on their own is easy. It's making them work together that
> will take a bit of effort. You will need to write your own scripts to handle
> account creation, invoicing/payments and account suspension/deletion.

>   If you want I can give you the name of a company that can create a private
> label hosting service for you.

>      Rich

1. Website Hosting and Website Design for Businesses and Professionals

We provide professional quality websites for small businesses and
professionals. We have a turnkey solutions in place to get your
business online quickly and cost effectively. We have professional graphic
artists and programmers available for more difficult
jobs. For more information visit us online at: http://www.gwsol.com

We look forward to serving all your web hosting and design needs.

Thank you,
Max Volkov
Global Web Solutions
http://www.gwsol.com

2. A timer in a server program

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. wu-ftp on Solaris 2.6 (Sparc)

5. Websites for unix internals & unix programming

6. Slackware 96 with Maxtor 2.0GB IDE

7. HELP! Problem setting up Term for UNIX hosts

8. _setutent: can't open utmp file:

9. HELP! Problem setting up Term at UNIX hosts

10. Setting up a unix box as a proxy host to PC web clients.

11. HELP! Problemes setting up Term on UNIX host

12. how to set a server with Linux to a multihome host

13. Help setting up IPSec, host-to-host encrypted, but can't go farther out.