Collabra server istall problems

Post by p.. » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:14:37

Solaris 8
Collabra server 3.52

Apologies if this is off topic but where to look for the solution
isn't obvious...to me anyway.

Don't know if you can help but...

I am installing Collabra using the Ldap option.

The Ldap directory is on another server and I get the following error
message:

#######################

Setup will now attempt to update your Directory Server
with information needed by the Collabra Server.
Please enter the SuiteSpot Admin password:
Failed to add directory information

The information in the dbswitch.conf, is likely incorrect.

You Might need to reinstall your server with correct LDAP information.

Also, check that the Directory Server running on
machine "db.sghms.ac.uk" at port "389" supports the is version 1.02 of
higher.

Operations error
Press a return to continue

#######################

Is the dbswitch file that needs attention on the Collabra server or
the
Ldap server?

Whichever server it is on does anyone have an example dbswitch.conf
file
I can look at?

Also,  the Ldap URL I entered during installation was:

ldap://db.sghms.ac.uk:389/uid = admin, o=sghms.ac.uk

Thanks

Paul

1. Netscape Collabra keeps losing my news server.

Well, that's basically it.  Sometimes when I run
Netscape, and select Collabra, my news server isn't
there.   Adding it is no difficulty, and the groups
to which I subscribed work fine(though the list as a
whole does go away), but it is rather annoying...anyone know why this
happens, or anything I can do to fix or
prevent it?

Version Information:

Caldera OL 1.3, 2.0.35 Kernel, Netscape 4.06, Latest
Xfree86..not sure what version of KDE I have, but the
same thing has happened when KDE wasn't running as well..

2. carrier-Info on ifconfig

3. Collabra Server

4. max block size

5. NIS+ Server Istall on Solaris

6. memory usage of objectserver

7. problems with collabra 3.01 on solaris 2.6 ?

8. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 4 of 6)

9. Problems in istalling SCO Word Perfect under iBCS

10. Off-line mode in Netscape Collabra

11. Netscape Collabra 3.01 on Solaris 2.6 doesn't work

12. netscape collabra

13. Netscape Collabra 3.52 Setup