Apache DBAuth / GDBM / PHP/FI

Post by Paul Tayl » Tue, 13 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi All

I have been banging my head against a way trying to get this lot
working for a few days now and am now very fustrated.

Firstly I managed to use 'dbmmanage' to create 'Berkley DB' style
crypted htpasswd files. All works ok. The problem is that I want to
use GDBM 1.7.3 to be compatible between software.

I am now in the position where I can create and read GDBM files in
Apache (dbmmanage), Perl and PHP/FI.

The problem is when I come to testing the authorisation process using
the AuthDBMUserfile directive, the server won't recognise the user and
password combination and simply logs 'could not open dbm auth file' in
the error log.

I have checked the mod_auth_dbm.c source and found the reference to
the 'ndbm.h' file. When I installed the GDBM I ran the make
install-compat routine which installed these into the correct areas.

Please, please has anyone else tried / completed this kind of set-up,
if so would it be possible for you to help me out on what is causing
the problem.

Many thanks
Paul

PS. Can you please copy any reply to my email address, thanks.

1. Problems with GDBM, PHP/FI and Apache under FreeBSD

Tja!

I'm trying to build PHP/FI as a module for Apache. During the execution
of the 'install' script of PHP/FI I get a warning that no dbm is
installed, and that I should have added at least GDBM for better
performance.

Now, I have the ports collection in my FreeBSD 2.2.1 system and have
performed the 'make install' routine, what it seemes successfully
installed the GDBM on my system. Even though, it seemes that GDBM isn't
registered after all.

Has anybody any clue what to do? Im lost.

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk sv?ngning

977 54 Lule?       C64       phone: +46(0)920 - 22 16 42
Sweden         -FairLight-   alt:   +46(0)10 - 22 10 543

2. sndconfig probs

3. Apache PHP/FI module on HPUX?

4. Good autoconf/automake book?

5. Apache 1.2.4 config/run problem with PHP/FI module.

6. RAID controler?

7. PHP/FI 2.0.1 as Apache 1.3.6 module

8. Firewall: Flooded with DENY messages

9. php/fi as module in apache 1.2

10. APACHE with PHP/FI

11. Apache+SSL+PHP/FI+frontpage

12. Apache + PHP/FI + mod_perl incompatibilities

13. apache+oracle+php/fi on HP-UX