Rewrite only for not found documents?

Post by Oliver Slos » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:26:49

Hi there!

I've a webhosting and dont own for this a own webserver. But i can add VH
entries in the httpd.conf.
Is there any rewrite rule based on a VH entry for documents what isnt found
(404) 'cause i dont want the standart 404errmsg of the hoster.

Thy in advance

Oliver

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#errordocument

--
-adam                 | "Be liberal in what you accept, and
Systems Administrator |  conservative in what you send"

1. Q: Rewrite not rewriting anymore

We've just upgraded our OS to Solaris 2.5.1 (from heavily patched 2.4) and
have rebuilt all of our binaries. We're currently running Apache 1.2.4 w/
mod_php, mod_perl, and mod_auth_msql.

The perl and php modules work fine but we can no longer rewrite any of the
requests that come on. I'm not familiar with how perl can intercept
rewrite requests (plan to do some reading on that tonight, if I can find
the time) but I'm wondering if that's causing our problem. Good thing this
is only our test machine at the moment. :)

A sample rewrite rule would be (VERY simplistic and typical):
RewriteRule     ^/adaweb/influx/        /influx/index.html [R]

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Oh.. another weird thing that's happening is that once we created an
errordocument, it won't go away even when we take out that directive... !
ack!

fid..

~~~
   SysAdmin / Developer
   Digital City Studio
   www.dci-studio.com   www.adaweb.com
   www.totalny.com      www.spanker.com
~~~

2. vms float -> ieee float

3. Which document not found (htaccess)

4. BytesLog Error

5. rewrite to another document root possible?

6. Apache server - cgi return LOCATION:

7. rewrite and change document root on apache

8. Email virus-scanning for Linux?

9. please help: rewrite question: rewriting to a wrapper

10. Iplanet 4.1 default document root overides virtual document roots

11. program I/O port, rs232, where can I find the document?

12. RFC documents - where do I find them?

13. Finding moved documents on your website (Apache 1.2 question?)