Problems with virtual host

Post by Ignas SALTI » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am running: Server version Apache/1.1.3
Debian/GNU.

I would like to configure virtual host based on
name. I added foloeing lines to httpd.conf

<VirtualHost www.host.lt>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/httpd/htdocs
ServerName www.host.lt
ErrorLog /www/logs/www-error.log
TransferLog /www/logs/www-access.log
</VirtualHost>

My primary server works fine, but virtual host
give response

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this
server.

I have changed permisions to 777 for
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs

What coud be a problem.

Thank You in advance.

Ignas

1. Problems whith virtual host

Hi, my apache server is 1.3.1
        I try to use Name-based Virtual Hosts , we have a server
server.domain1.com which has 2 alias (CNAME) www.domain1.com and
www.domain2.com.
        I read the doc "Virtual Host examples for common setups " and try to
apply to my situation one IP address and 2 names.
------------------------
http.conf:
-----------
ServerName server.domain1.com

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
DocumentRoot /apache/www
ServerName www.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
DocumentRoot /apache/www/domain2
ServerName www.domain2.com
</VirtualHost>
-------------------------
I put nothing about virtual host in the srm.conf.

When i start apache, i have:
--------------
./apachectl start
VirtualHost configuration:
1.2.3.4:80      is a NameVirtualHost
                       default server www.domain1.com
 (/usr/local/apache_1.3.1/etc/httpd.conf:245)
                       port 80 namevhost www.domain1.com
(/usr/local/apache_1.3.1/etc/httpd.conf:245)
                       port 80 namevhost www.domain2.com
(/usr/local/apache_1.3.1/etc/httpd.conf:250)
./apachectl start: httpd started
------------------
So the namevirtualhost seems to work, everything is fine with the
domain1 but the domain2 has problems with the first page.

When i try with netscape 4 the url www.domain2.fr, i got the index.html
of the domain1 but not the images, because the images are search in the
documentroot of domain2.

When i try www.domain2.fr/index.html. everything is fine.

When i try with a client running on server.domain1.com everything is
fine.

????? any idea...

2. Uniquely identifying processes

3. Problems with virtual hosts

4. Replacing hdisk0

5. problem accessing virtual host from windows xp

6. Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 88(8) current 88(8) ???

7. problems with virtual hosts

8. KDE2 and Netscape 4.74

9. Problems with Virtual Hosts

10. apache problems with virtual hosts

11. Apache index problem with virtual host

12. Problem with virtual-hosting under linux

13. Problem with virtual host on apache and Digital Unix