Fastrack file permissions

Post by Pete Hawkin » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

It is possible to configure Netscape FastTrack to run with a specific umask
value? I'm using CGI progs on unix that appear to create files using the
system default permissions (770), whereas I want to only create mode 550
files. I guess I could tweak my CGI prog to do the right thing, but wonder
if there's something I could do with one of FastTrack's config files to
achieve the desired result.

Cheers

Pete

1. How to reset permissions on file with no read permissions

Hello

I have rather stupidly set a file on a hosted web site to have no read
permissions (Owner, Group or Public)  I did this using CHMOD in
Cuteftp.  Unfortunately, I can't now put them back.  I still have
Write permissions but they don't help.  The file doesn't show up in
Cuteftp, or in Internet Explorer FTP or in Windows command line FTP
client.

I cannot delete it or CHMOD it by name and I cannot delete the
directory in which it lives.

It shows up in Internet Explorer if I browse to the http directory,
but I can't do anything with it there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Alan

2. esound and enlightenment compile problem

3. file permissions/permission execution

4. oracle and sybase?

5. Newbie: Unix File Permissions on HTML files?

6. Kurta Digitizer Tablet

7. Question about file permissions - sharing data files between multiple users

8. Help: Telnet session freezes after inactivity

9. file permissions & group membership when uploading files via FTP

10. mail problem: file permissions for lock file

11. Setting default file permissions on ftp'd files.

12. I get "file permissions deny server execution" on gif files in cgi-bin, why?

13. ftpd, default file permissions on creating a file on Solaris, SunOS 5.5.1