1. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache
I dont know if this is really the right place to ask, and I am a
relative Unix novice, but here goes anyway:
We have FreeBSD 2.2.7 and a working install of Apache 1.3.4, compiled with
options --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max. This should enable DSO
support. We also have JDK 1.1.7 ported for FreeBSD, and that works fine
The problem is that I am trying to install java servlet support for apache
with Apache Jserv 1.0b2. I have JSDK2.0 as well, but cant test whether
that "works" OK(!)
The configure script for jserv throws up some peculiar errors: if I ran it
according to the instructions for DSO given on-line,
./configure --with-apache-install="/usr/local/etc/src/apache" \
then it says "DSO not enabled" and exits.
If I give it the path to my apache installation, it does the same.
The "--enable-apache-conf" seems to make no difference whatever other
options I use.
if I run configure without --with-apache-install, it detects apache in
/usr/local/apache and offers to install it there; it finishes without
error messages whether i answer y or n. But when I "make" (or gmake)
jserv, the make script finishes OK but mod_jserv.so, the essential
library, does not exist anywhere. "make install" (or gmake) also finishes
successfully, however the mod_jserv file is never installed into the
apache libexec directory. Adding the "LoadModule" / "AddModule" things to
httpd.conf stops it from starting correctly.
on further inspection, the makefile in Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/c
says "cp ./.libs/libjserv.so ./mod_jserv.so" and the .libs diretory does
not exist! This is the only reference to mod_jserv.so anywhere in the
Has anyone else managed to install JServ on FreeBSD?
Thanks for your help,
2. nfs reexport SuSE 7.3
3. Apache JServ--Need help starting servlets
4. Printer not responding
5. jserv for apache : JServUtils.java:66: Class javax.servlet.http.Cookie not found in import.
6. Is it possible to access a DOS compressed part?
8. Is my Microsoft host down?
9. Apache Jserv - Servlet question
10. Problem with Apache+JServ+Servlets delivering gzipped Files
11. Apache 1.3.3 w/ JServ: Servlet-Error.
12. Apache/JServ 1.0 "cannot scan servlet headers"
13. apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work