HELP!? Servlet logs on apache/JServ

Post by Hans Bergste » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I am using servlets in apache 1.3.4 on Win NT 4.0 and cannot get the
> System.out and System.err print statements to appear in the logs. I have
> searched far and wide for an answer but cannot seem to find one. Does anyone
> know how to do this? Thanks in advance,

System.out/err is handled differently by different servlet engines and I'm
not sure about how Apache JServ handles them. I suggest you use the
ServletContext.log() methods instead since they are covered by the spec
and always writes to a log file.

--

Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com

1. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache

I dont know if this is really the right place to ask, and I am a
relative Unix novice, but here goes anyway:

We have FreeBSD 2.2.7 and a working install of Apache 1.3.4, compiled with
options --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max. This should enable DSO
support. We also have JDK 1.1.7 ported for FreeBSD, and that works fine
too.

The problem is that I am trying to install java servlet support for apache
with Apache Jserv 1.0b2. I have JSDK2.0 as well, but cant test whether
that "works" OK(!)

The configure script for jserv throws up some peculiar errors: if I ran it
according to the instructions for DSO given on-line,

./configure --with-apache-install="/usr/local/etc/src/apache" \
--enable-apache-conf
(i.e. --with-apache-install=/path/to/apache/source)

then it says "DSO not enabled" and exits.

If I give it the path to my apache installation, it does the same.

The "--enable-apache-conf" seems to make no difference whatever other
options I use.

if I run configure without --with-apache-install, it detects apache in
/usr/local/apache and offers to install it there; it finishes without
error messages whether i answer y or n. But when I "make" (or gmake)
jserv, the make script finishes OK but mod_jserv.so, the essential
library, does not exist anywhere. "make install" (or gmake) also finishes
successfully, however the mod_jserv file is never installed into the
apache libexec directory. Adding the "LoadModule" / "AddModule" things to
httpd.conf stops it from starting correctly.

on further inspection, the makefile in Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/c
says "cp ./.libs/libjserv.so ./mod_jserv.so" and the .libs diretory does
not exist! This is the only reference to mod_jserv.so anywhere in the
source tree.

Has anyone else managed to install JServ on FreeBSD?

Thanks for your help,
Alan Lawrence

2. nfs reexport SuSE 7.3

3. Apache JServ--Need help starting servlets

4. Printer not responding

5. jserv for apache : JServUtils.java:66: Class javax.servlet.http.Cookie not found in import.

6. Is it possible to access a DOS compressed part?

7. Apache/Jserv/Servlets/Memory

8. Is my Microsoft host down?

9. Apache Jserv - Servlet question

10. Problem with Apache+JServ+Servlets delivering gzipped Files

11. Apache 1.3.3 w/ JServ: Servlet-Error.

12. Apache/JServ 1.0 "cannot scan servlet headers"

13. apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work