Not able to run Apache-SSL. Please help.

Not able to run Apache-SSL. Please help.

Post by Thomas Schreib » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I've compiled apache-SSL 1.0.1 and SSLeay-0.4.5b on FreeBSD 2.1.
Running the test produces this error from 'verify':

    error 9 at 1:certificate has expired

Nevertheless, I have started the server. But Netscape
refuses to connect and in the error_log I see this message:

    error:15019001 lib(21) func(25) reason(short read)

OK, I suppose that has to do with a missing certificate. My
questions:

- Isn't it possible to run apache-SSL without a certificate?
- I don't know much about all this administrative stuff behind SSL.
  From the docs I could not figure out how to help myself.
  Can anyone give me a pointer where to find an explanation what
  to do to get apache-SSL run?
- Is a certificate from Verisign necessary to run it as a
  secure server?

Thanks
Thomas

w a l k & t a l k __________________________________________
infodirekt - Thomas Schreiber         Tel:  +49 89/324796-50
Frankfurter Ring 193a                 Fax:  +49 89/324796-51

                 Die Reisesprachfuehrer der neuen Generation
_______________ See you at http://www.infodirekt.de/walktalk

1. Background daemons not able to run....Please help

   I have been trying to setup Linux for a month now. Last week I tried
to set up the printer, and I found out that the lpd daemons plus other
like syslogd are not running. Somehow they are all stopped and have a
question mark (?) under the TTY field in the result of the ps -uax
command.

   Any idea of why the daemons are stopped? I have 18 Meg of swap space
so memory does not seem to be the problem. Furthermore, when X window
is run, the X window processes run fine in the background.

   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TN.

2. Keyboard problem of csh

3. Question: Running Apache SSL and Apache non-SSL on one server

4. PC hardware newbie needs help

5. apache-ssl not running yet

6. running DOS programs from the shell

7. apache-ssl httpsd daemon not running

8. network condition simulation

9. Not Able To Run CGI Programs With Apache

10. New: oups while running mc, not able to run xterm nor kterm in xfree86

11. Help: Netscape, Java, and not able to run applets.

12. Able to ping PDC from Unix box, but not BDC...PLEASE I NEED THE HELP

13. pppd connects but not able to ping - Please help