Serving additional page to every user's page

Serving additional page to every user's page

Post by Marci » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

I want to serve additional web page in new window when i'm accessing users's
main page (without modifying user's pages). How can I do this ? Is there any
simple solution for this ?

Post by Chris Gra » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

> I want to serve additional web page in new window when i'm accessing users's
> main page (without modifying user's pages). How can I do this ? Is there any
> simple solution for this ?

Intercept the request for each user's "main" page using a redirect or rewrite
rule, and replace it by a script which serves up the same document but with
a JavaScript or META REFRESH hack to open your new window as well.

Be aware that you will rot in hell for doing this, and your users will dance
on your grave. :)

--

  Chris Gray