NCSA httpd won't launch index.cgi when loding index.html

NCSA httpd won't launch index.cgi when loding index.html

Post by Balthasar T. Indermühl » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

The NCSA httpd 1.3 and 1.4 won't start the index.cgi script when sending
index.html to netscape. Any idea on where to start looking??

any help greatly appreaciated!

- Balthasar

Post by Michael Salm » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

|> The NCSA httpd 1.3 and 1.4 won't start the index.cgi script when sending
|> index.html to netscape. Any idea on where to start looking??

Is there any particular reason to expect that they should?

--
? 1995 Michael Salmon
All opinions expressed in this article remain the property of

NCSA httpd won't launch index.cgi when loding index.html

Post by Bob Breedlov » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

"Balthasar T. Inderm=FChle"

>The NCSA httpd 1.3 and 1.4 won't start the index.cgi script when sending
>index.html to netscape. Any idea on where to start looking??

You probably haven't activated server-side includes for
that particular extension or file or directory.

--
Bob Breedlove -- Senior Systems Engineer
State Health Care [SHC] TIE, Sacramento

1. How to get Apache excute index.cgi instead of index.html

Hi,

I have a problem of forcing Apache excute index.cgi instead of
index.html. By default, apache will look index.htm first time you
type a web address. For example http://www.myweb.com.

Now I need to force apache to excure a cgi file, say index.cgi instead
(for the first time). I do this to branch out to other services.

Can anyone point me out of how to do this?

Thanks,

-Gang

2. how to share address book ?

3. listing a directory with an index.html (even with DirectoryIndex index.html)

4. Solaris cpp weirdness

5. NCSA 1.5 Won't Start at index.html?

6. How to access I/O ports directly from Linux?

7. index.shtml = index.html, httpd.conf or htaccess?

8. Matrox Millenium

9. NCSA 1.4: how to make index.html a CGI?

10. NCSA index.html to CGI

11. index.html won't display

12. index.html, index.htm, etc.

13. No index.html file ==> show index of /xxx?