Apache Web Server Log Files emailed??

Post by Webmaste » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Does ANYONE know who to get the log files from a virtualhost emailed to you
ie:

TransferLog /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/****/accesslogs/access.log

I want access.log emailed to a user and I can't find any documentation
PLEASE HELP

Post by The Pilgri » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Does ANYONE know who to get the log files from a virtualhost emailed to you
> ie:

> TransferLog /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/****/accesslogs/access.log

> I want access.log emailed to a user and I can't find any documentation
> PLEASE HELP

I thought about this

Then I thought this won't work as sendmail wont send the file until it's
closed.

What you need is to amend the rotate logs script to pipe the file to
sendmail on a regular bases in stead of sending it to a backup file.

HTH
--
The Pilgrim

The truth is out there, and that's what scares the Government

Apache Web Server Log Files emailed??

Post by Gilgong » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Use logrotate. This will compress, mail and rotate any log you want at any
time interval. Works like a dream. Comes with RedHat Linux but is GNU
licensed (I think).

JJ

>Does ANYONE know who to get the log files from a virtualhost emailed to you
>ie:

>TransferLog /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/****/accesslogs/access.log

>I want access.log emailed to a user and I can't find any documentation
>PLEASE HELP

Apache Web Server Log Files emailed??

Post by Jerry Bowe » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Since logfiles easily exceed several meggabytes, you
really don't want to email this  logfile, perhaps ftp it.

> Does ANYONE know who to get the log files from a virtualhost emailed to you
> ie:

> TransferLog /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/****/accesslogs/access.log

> I want access.log emailed to a user and I can't find any documentation
> PLEASE HELP

1. Mirror NT web server with Apache Server ( serving .asp files )

Hello,

        I'm working on mirroring a web server. The server is an NT served site.
It uses Microsoft's IIS software. Pages that are generated have a .asp
extension. While Apache server can serve them to my browser, they are
not displayed as a document. But the content looks like html.

        I'm not sure I'm saying this correctly. But is there a way to serve out
the asp files as html files? Can I run them through a utility to
translate them? I'd rather not. I want to be able to mirror the site
with as little manipulation to the original files as possible.

        I'm using wget to copy the site from server to server.

        So, what can I do. I do not have access to the NT machine. Nor do I
want it. But, to cover my posterior, I need to provide some backup for
it.

        I hope this all makes sense.

        Thanks in advance,

        Lyndon

2. Problems with Monitor display under Rh5.2/x-windows

3. Sending XML data to Apache web server and capturing this sent data from the Apache server

4. Another simple newbie question...

5. Apache Web Server Log on Problem

6. Ethernet Media Selection Problem - UDB/RedHat 5.0

7. wierd stuffs in proxy log file and back end server log file

8. Serial cards (Drivers)

9. ANNOUNCE: FREE Eval of NetTracker 3.5 Web Log Analysis Software for Linux Web Servers

10. cutting the web server log file

11. Use Solaris x86 or Linux v2 for Web server and email server??

12. linux router, email server, web server, newbie

13. Web stats for Apache Web server on Linux