Apache POST (from Apache newbie)

Post by Jon Seller » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

I am brand new to Apache ( vs. 1.1.3  running under Linux ) so please
excuse the simple question. When I use a POST I get the error "Method
not implemented" -- "POST to /home/httpd/cgi-bin/myfile.cgi not
supported". I looked over the source, but it is not very obvious. I want
to RTFM but ... Well, any help would be deeply appreciated.
?

Apache POST (from Apache newbie)

Post by Joseph Slo » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> I am brand new to Apache ( vs. 1.1.3  running under Linux ) so please
> excuse the simple question. When I use a POST I get the error "Method
> not implemented" -- "POST to /home/httpd/cgi-bin/myfile.cgi not
> supported". I looked over the source, but it is not very obvious. I want
> to RTFM but ... Well, any help would be deeply appreciated.

What are the contents of myfile.cgi?

jjs

1. APACHE 1.2b4: NEWBIE Problem with POST

Hi,

I'm just trying to start up our web server, and I am trying to get a
simple guest book application using qddb up and running.  Qddb is
basically a tcl/tk based database, and the guestbook application runs a
modified tcl shell.  When I clik on the url that points to the script it
generates a form which I can fill out.  However, when I try to submit
the form I get the message:

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL
/test/httpd/cgi-bin/guest.cgi.

Do I have to explicitly allow POST to certain cgi-scripts?  If so, how
do I do that.  I have gotten simple cgi scripts to run in the same
directory to run.  All the files that need to be written to have the
appropriate permissions.  I have tried setting

<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
</LIMIT>
in access.conf.

I have tried looking at all the documentation I could find, and I feel
like I'm missing something really stupid.  There are no error messages
showing up in the http-errors.

I am running Linux 2.0.28 with Apache 1.2b4, which I compiled with gcc
2.7.2.1.

--
Bart Hoekstra                   Phone: (303)278-8700

2. samba and dos archive bit

3. Apache newbie - cannot install Apache 2.0.46

4. Logitech Scroll Mouse

5. newbie - apache 1.3 vs apache 2.0 questions

6. XF86Config ?

7. Using APACHE with POST command, Parsing File

8. please critique these two Athlon X2 3800+ configs

9. ErrorDocument POST - Apache/1.3b6

10. HELP-Apache limit on POST data length?

11. POST & Apache/1.2.5.

12. Apache/CGI: $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} and POST

13. Apache: how to log POST requests?