?Multiple domains with multiple IPs on HPUX 9.05 and Netscape Comm Server?

?Multiple domains with multiple IPs on HPUX 9.05 and Netscape Comm Server?

Post by Matt Carswel » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have an HP 712/80 running HPUX 9.05 and Netscape Communications Server
and I would like to be able to host multiple domains on this machine.
However, there doesn't seem to be a way to make the single ethernet
interface respond to multiple IPs.  Is there a patch for ifconfig that
will add the alias option?  What other ways might I go about this?

Thanks for any help!

Matt Carswell
Welcome to the Future, Inc.

http://www.wttf.com

Post by David Pete » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have an HP 712/80 running HPUX 9.05 and Netscape Communications Server
> and I would like to be able to host multiple domains on this machine.
> However, there doesn't seem to be a way to make the single ethernet
> interface respond to multiple IPs.  Is there a patch for ifconfig that
> will add the alias option?  What other ways might I go about this?

> Thanks for any help!

> Matt Carswell
> Welcome to the Future, Inc.

> http://www.wttf.com

There is no 9.x patch for ifconfig. However have a look at
http://www.limitless.co.uk/hp_ifalias.html. This has solutions to your
problem for 9.x and 10.x. I think that this reference is also in the
FAQ.
--
David P Peter                 | It happens.
Insignia Solutions Inc.       | Sometimes people just explode.

Voice: +44 (0)1494 453351     | http://www.insignia.com/

Post by Christopher Caldwe » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I have an HP 712/80 running HPUX 9.05 and Netscape Communications Server
>and I would like to be able to host multiple domains on this machine.
>However, there doesn't seem to be a way to make the single ethernet
>interface respond to multiple IPs.  Is there a patch for ifconfig that
>will add the alias option?  What other ways might I go about this?
>Thanks for any help!
>Matt Carswell
>Welcome to the Future, Inc.

>http://www.wttf.com

Get vif from ftp://ugle.unit.no/pub/unix/network/vif-1.10.tar.gz

Just went there, just did that (with some help from Steinar Haug

Christopher

1. HPUX 9.05 Print Server for SunOS5.4 Client

Just got a new Sun box, (my first) (bing grin:)), and I am trying to get my
HP9K 715/50 HPUX 9.05 to act as a print server for this SunOS 5.4 machine.
Anyone out there got a clue how to do this?  I think that I have almost tried
everything.  I have called both HP and Sun support, but alas, no real help.

Thanx in advance,

scot

2. Configuring serial card with Suse 6.4

3. HPUX 9.05 Print Server for SunOS4.5 Client

4. Configuring network at boot

5. Routing multiple public IPs to multiple internal networks

6. Samba where?

7. multiple IPs on multiple NICs

8. Compaq equipment

9. multiple domains under Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0b4

10. Connecting Linux with HPUX 9.05

11. traceroute on HPUX 9.05 with source routeing enabled

12. HELP: Apache 1.0.3 build on HPUX 9.05

13. HPUX 9.05 C++ shared libs question, more detail