Apache 1.1.1 proxy: FTP goes to browser screen

Apache 1.1.1 proxy: FTP goes to browser screen

Post by Wilfred Mollenvang » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I got a problem downloading files from ftp sites with a netscape browser
set-up to use an Apache 1.1.1 proxy server. Netscape doesn't ask for
a filename to save it to but starts downloading to my browsers main screen.
Did I get a setting wrong in the Apache configuration? Isn't the Apache
proxy supporting ftp:// URLs?

Thanx,

Wilfred Mollenvanger.

1. Apache proxy server: how can administrator set all browsers to default to proxy?

We are setting up an Apache proxy server for our LAN.  Most computers on our LAN run Solarius
and use Netscape's browser.  Is there an way for the systems administrator to change the Netscape
preference for all users so they will by default access the proxy server?  (we know how to set the automatic
proxy preference for a single user through the browser, but we obviously don't want to do this
for all our users!)

Thanks,
Sandy Dykes
Division of CS, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio

2. boot problem

3. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

4. PATCH: 2.5.27 i2o api/headers

5. Where did popclient put it?

6. Full-screen Browser-type front end for ftp?

7. Local Parallel Port

8. Doc headers show in browser using Apache 1.3.9 as proxy

9. Browser + Proxy +Apache

10. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

11. Apache with access control vs proxy (Not apache AS proxy)

12. Apache Proxy & authentication problem when going to a Domino server