Apache1.3.9 shuts down unclean

Post by Business Ad Net, Inc./East Coast We » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I keep getting intermittent shutdowns with Apache1.3.9
running on a FreeBSD system.
Pentium 150 with 64Meg of RAM.

Server error_log only tells me that httpd.pid
was over written.
[Tue Oct 26 08:46:01 1999] [warn] pid file /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid
overwritten
-- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

I can't figure out what's causing it.

Is it file handles? If so how do you increase file handles?

What else could it be.

Thanks,

Dave

Apache1.3.9 shuts down unclean

Post by Business Ad Net, Inc./East Coast We » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hmm
Seems to be happening after midnight only.
Re-start in the morning and runs pretty good
all day & evening.

Dies after midnight and not getting much feedback from the logs

Dave

Quote:> Hello,

> I keep getting intermittent shutdowns with Apache1.3.9
> running on a FreeBSD system.
> Pentium 150 with 64Meg of RAM.

> Server error_log only tells me that httpd.pid
> was over written.
> [Tue Oct 26 08:46:01 1999] [warn] pid file

/usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid
Quote:> overwritten
> -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

> I can't figure out what's causing it.

> Is it file handles? If so how do you increase file handles?

> What else could it be.

> Thanks,

> Dave

Apache1.3.9 shuts down unclean

Post by Henry LeRoy Miller, Jr » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hmm
> Seems to be happening after midnight only.
> Re-start in the morning and runs pretty good
> all day & evening.

> Dies after midnight and not getting much feedback from the logs

So, what cron jobs do you run every day after midnight?

Henry LeRoy Miller, Jr.

Apache1.3.9 shuts down unclean

Post by Business Ad Net, Inc./East Coast We » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

None, if they aren't already there as part of the Freebsd install.
I had Wusage running but turned it off for testing this problem.

Does anyone know if Apache1.3.9 has a problem with FreeBSD 3.1?
 I'm not current with FreeBSD yet.

I only have serious problems with shutdowns, since upgrading
Apache 1.3.4. Maybe I need to upgrade BSD or fall back to 1.3.4

> > Hmm
> > Seems to be happening after midnight only.
> > Re-start in the morning and runs pretty good
> > all day & evening.

> > Dies after midnight and not getting much feedback from the logs

> So, what cron jobs do you run every day after midnight?

> Henry LeRoy Miller, Jr.

1. ydl 2.3; titanium; startup stops after unclean shut down

Hi,
I lost access to my Linux partition.  That nothing less than a little
catastrophy since my office workspace (e-mail and word processing) is
right there.
This is what happens:
The computer begins to start up until
"Setting hostname localhost.localdomain: [ok]
Your system seems ta have shut down uncleanly"
Then comes
"Checking root filesystem
/dev/hda15 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
Unattached inode 130712

dev/hda15: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY,
       (i.e., without -a or -p options)
                                                         [FAILED]"

Then I am asked for my password for maintenance.  I also have the option
to restart by pressing "option-D"

Does anybody know what I need to do to restart this partition?
Thanks,
Stefan

2. Setting up virtual IP

3. error building mod_perl on Apache1.3.9

4. how to catch an exit message from a program

5. Installing 2 apache1.3.9 with 2 jserv

6. Installing RH linux 6.2

7. Problems with ApacheJServ with Apache1.3.9

8. Sharing Executable Images... Solaris 2.4

9. RH6.1 + Apache1.3.9 + DocumentRoot

10. Apache1.3.9 et liens unix

11. File not found under apache1.3.9 & Redhat6.1

12. How to shut-off on a shut-down?

13. Problem with powering down when shutting down