Help with SSL.patch

Post by Rich Lenih » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to "patch" the Cern 3.0 proxy server to accept connections via the
CONNECT method so that users behind our firewall can connect to secure
websites using SSL. I've downloaded the SSL.patch file from w3.org but without
instructions I could only guess what I was to do with it. I guessed "patch",
but running it through GNU patch (version 2.1) failed like so:

   Hunk #1 failed at 65.
   Hunk #2 failed at 163.
   Hunk #3 failed at 382.
   Hunk #4 failed at 2053.
   4 out of 4 hunks failed--saving rejects to
WWW/Daemon/Implementation/HTDaemon.c.rej

This is on a SunOS 4.1.3 system, by the way. Has anyone else installed this
patch?

-Rich

--
Rich Lenihan                              System/Network Administrator

Segue Software, Inc.  1320 Centre Street   Newton Centre, MA 02159 USA

1. :( Can't patch Apache-SSL together... can anyone help?

Hi,

I'm trying to get the SSL patches available from ftp.ox.ac.uk to patch
onto our existing Apache setup. I'm using Solaris 2.5, and have tried
with both Apache 0.8.14 and 1.0.3 to do

patch < SSLpatch

as in the README.SSL for the patches. I've tried every possible
combination of patch location, patch options (I've tried with the -s and
other switches too) but always get:

  Looks like a new-style context diff.
File to patch:

What am I doing wrong? Or is this Slowaris being a nasty piece of work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, either here or by e-mail.

Thanks,

mike blanche

2. Master Boot Record

3. apache ssl patch

4. SparcStation 2 binary Linux image

5. Anyone know of patches for Apache with SSL?

6. xdm delays 1 minute at start

7. Installing the SSL patch for Apache 1.1.1

8. Problems with FC HBA and T3

9. CERN proxy SSL tunneling patch

10. Apache SSL patch

11. SSL patches for NCSA 1.4 or higher

12. SSL patch to Apache 1.3.3 for mod_auth_dce

13. Apache-ssl and OpenSSL patching