1. wu-ftpd 2.6.1 (latest) breaks Delphi ftp client?
My customer has a Windows program developed with Borland Delphi which
implements a ftp client. I understand the original delphi ftp library
and function calls were used in the development of this program.
The program is used to access files in a linux server (RH 6.2).
The program was working fine with wu-ftpd 2.5 but has problems with
wu-ftpd 2.6.1 which was installed last Friday after the bug warnings
in the usual security sites.
This is what happens:
- the client is running on a Win NT machine
- the control connection works fine (port 21)
- but the ftp-data connection does not work: the client program
requests a directory listing but after three attempts it times-out.
(it used to work perfectly with wu-ftpd 2.5)
I monitored the connection with tcpdump and noticed the following
packets during the ftp-data connection:
21:07:02.228835 > gateway.CUSTOMER.com.ftp-data >
ws1.CUSTOMER.com.1150: S 736749240:736749240(0) win 32120 <mss
1460,sackOK,timestamp 426140257 0,nop,wscale 0> (DF)
21:07:02.229432 < ws1.CUSTOMER.com.1150 >
gateway.CUSTOMER.com.ftp-data: S 59599:59599(0) ack 736749241 win 8760
<mss 1460> (DF)
I didn't notice those flags during normal connections; they only show
with the delphi application. I'm not proficient with packet headers,
so I don't know what those flags are telling me.
Please note that a browser (Netscape or IE) or MS-DOS ftp client from
the _same_ Windows machine will work perfectly, get directory
listings, download files, etc.
To be sure, I reinstalled wu-ftpd 2.5 and everything was back to
normal; again upgrading to wu-ftpd 2.6.1 broke the program. And,
additionally, I tried two wu-ftpd 2.6.0.x versions and they did NOT
Any help/comments/suggestions will be appreciated.
2. Can't load module ppp lp slip and ps/aux error?
3. Matrox Mystique ands X.
4. Problem configuring INN
5. FTP client freezes after PUT starts
6. SB EnsoniqPCI + old 8bit SB in OSS/free?
7. missing put in AFS client
8. Difference between Xterm and rxvt
9. ftp client hangs up while attempting to put directorystructures
10. Looking for a client for PUT
11. Put document from client to server???
12. ANNOUNCE: http-tiny-1.0 C lib & client, with PUT, DELETE,...
13. REPOST patch 18/38: CLIENT: put nfs_async_handle_jukebox() in fs/nfs/nfs3proc.c