How can I hide files by pattern in Apache.

How can I hide files by pattern in Apache.

Post by meaneyed.. » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:06:06

Is it possible to force Apache to not display a given file type in a
directory?

What I would like to do, it "effectively" hide my mp3 files from users,
and only display my *.m3u files that link to each file.

Thanks in advance!
JC.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Miguel Cr » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:22:42

> Is it possible to force Apache to not display a given file type in a
> directory?

This is right under your nose in the sample config file. It's also extremely
easy to find in the documentation. Look up 'IndexIgnore'.

miguel

Post by Kurt J. Lanz » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:42:12

> Is it possible to force Apache to not display a given file type in a
> directory?

> What I would like to do, it "effectively" hide my mp3 files from users,
> and only display my *.m3u files that link to each file.

> Thanks in advance!

Why not do the simple thing and just move the .mp3 files
to a different directory not under the DocumentRoot?

How can I hide files by pattern in Apache.

Post by meaneyed.. » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 04:55:50

Thanks Miguel!

> > Is it possible to force Apache to not display a given file type in a
> > directory?

> This is right under your nose in the sample config file. It's also
extremely
> easy to find in the documentation. Look up 'IndexIgnore'.

> miguel

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/