Non-C: disc Caldera Lite Installation

Post by Sally Woolric » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I have just got the book 'Linux - the Complete Reference' from Osbourne
which includes Caldera Lite (Red Hat plus extras).  The details in the
book all *seem* to indicate that the Linux & DOS boot partitions need to
be on the same (C:) disc, but the free space I have is on the second DOS
partition on the second drive - 'E:'.

Can this be done?  If so, how?

TIA!

--
Sally Woolrich

Non-C: disc Caldera Lite Installation

Post by Sally Woolric » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Sorry for this mis-posted article.  I must have had a brainstorm at the
time and have since posted to a Linux group!

Quote:>I have just got the book 'Linux - the Complete Reference' from Osbourne
>which includes Caldera Lite (Red Hat plus extras).  The details in the
>book all *seem* to indicate that the Linux & DOS boot partitions need to
>be on the same (C:) disc, but the free space I have is on the second DOS
>partition on the second drive - 'E:'.

--
Sally Woolrich

1. Non-'C:' Caldera Lite installation

My PC has two physical hard discs, the first one being drive C: (250MB)
and the second one being drives d: and e: (250MB each).

I want to install the Caldera-Lite version of Linux (which cam with
'Linux: the Complete Reference) but the book doesn't make it clear as to
how to do this when the stat of play will have to be that DOS boots from
c: and linux from what is currently e: (but that will be removed & d:
shrunk to make room for the Linux).

Ideally I would like to end up with a PC which normally boots from DOS
but with a floppy I can insert to get iot to boot into Linux.

In case you were wondering - we tried very hard to have the larger hard
disc as DOS drives C: & D: without luck - the Bios wouldn't have it, so
I've had to leave the older smaller disc as drive c:.

TIA

--
Sally Woolrich

2. Solaris on PC

3. Caldera 2.2 installation fails to mount disk

4. Transparent XPM's

5. Setting up a U.S. Robotics 56K Voice INT PnP in Caldera OpenLinux Lite

6. OSR505 CD format/Burnt Speed?

7. Printing in Caldera open Linux lite 1.2

8. Alpha 2.1.109?

9. Question: Caldera Lite and PPP (dynamic IP).

10. Caldera lite setup

11. FREE Caldera OpenLinux Lite 1.2 CD-ROM

12. caldera Lite, XF86Config and Millenium

13. dialer in Caldera Lite?