Can't edit srm.conf

Post by Dan Rya » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I'm very new to Apache.  We're running red Hat Linux 5.2 (which we're
new to also).  We're simply trying to edit the srm.conf file to allow
the AddHandler to run .cgi files.  I've got lots of info on what to eidt
and where,  but no info on how to edit this file.

Sincerely,
Dan Ryan

http://www.windernet.com

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Can't edit srm.conf

Post by Raghura » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello Dan,

You can use any editor - say vi, emacs, of course!
The file (in case you don't know) should be under conf/
directory of wherever you've installed Apache.

(snip)

Quote:> the AddHandler to run .cgi files.  I've got lots of info on what to eidt

--
Best regards,
Raghu (mail me at rram at india dot hp dot com)

1. Can I define srm.conf, access.conf in httpd.conf ?

I defined ErrorDocument 403 /sorry.htm
in srm.conf, because I found this instruction in this file in a commented
line with examples.

I Found I can define ErrorDocument in httpd.conf file instead of srm.conf
I didn't know this.

What I don't know is, If I can define all my src.conf and access.conf inside
httpd.conf
or only some instructions.

Thanks

--

Gerardo Blanco

2. Problem with Sparcstation-20 .....

3. Apache: srm.conf 'Alias'

4. ELSA ERAZOR and Solaris 8

5. ScriptAlias in httpd.conf versus srm.conf

6. Security on RH6.2 Advice: harden or upgrade?

7. srm.conf, access.conf

8. help!! MetroX server problems

9. can't load readme.now even changing srm.conf

10. Installed Redhat 7.3 Edited grub.conf now I can't boot to windows

11. Can't edit .conf files in /etc????

12. root can't edit inetd.conf

13. What package is userd to edit .conf's