No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process: e:/apache/htdocs/test.pl

No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process: e:/apache/htdocs/test.pl

Post by <k.. » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 01:40:38

Hi, can anyone explain me what this error
"No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process:
e:/apache/htdocs/test.pl"
mean and how I can solve the problem. I think it belong to the same subject
like CGI.But I do not now, how to activate Perl as CGI.
I have installed
- "ActivePerl 5.6.0.623" to e:\cgi\perl
- "Apache Version 1.3" to e:\apache

Hseyin

Post by Christoph Voge » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 08:30:23

> Hi, can anyone explain me what this error
> "No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process:
> e:/apache/htdocs/test.pl"
> mean and how I can solve the problem.

Did you check if the file really exists and if the shebang line (first line
beginning with #) is right AND/OR ".pl" is registered with perl.exe on your
windows system?

Bye,

Christoph.

1. No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process

Hello...  I dsespremment test executer a very simple DLL Apache (D6) on a
Apache server installed on of Win2000 Pro... I have the following error on
the browser:

Internal Server Error
to complete your request.

in Error.log d'Apache, i have:

(2)No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process:
d:/www/cgi-bin/project1.dll

and in  access.log :

"GET /cgi-bin/project1.dll HTTP/1.1" 500 644

What does it occur?  Does somebody have an idea?  Thank you in advance!

2. Suggestions needed: security implications of proposed networking setup

3. Apache and 'couldn't spawn child process'

4. KDE Quirks: Stops Launching Apps

5. Unprivileged ports & packages

6. Why Apache says 'reason: couldn't spawn child process'?

7. speak Freely Release 6.1c

8. Apache 1.3.3 - "Resource temporarily unavailable: couldn't spawn child process"

9. Couldn't spawn child process - Apache webserver problem on FreeBSD system.

10. Apache couldn't spawn child process

11. Apache: "Couldn't spawn child process" running CGI script

12. "couldn't spawn child process error" on Apache 1.2/IRIX 6.2