Access_Log File

Post by Brett Glenno » Thu, 07 Oct 1999 04:00:00

 Does anyone know if it is possible to comment out the Custom Log line
in the httpd.conf file. This logs to the access_log which fills up quite
quickly. I would prefer not to even have this logging enabled. However I
do not know the consequences if I perform this.

  Thanks in advance,
   Brett

Access_Log File

Post by CQM Webmaste » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

yes it is possible and nothing wrong will happen when you switch off the
logs

Quote:

>  Does anyone know if it is possible to comment out the Custom Log line
> in the httpd.conf file. This logs to the access_log which fills up quite
> quickly. I would prefer not to even have this logging enabled. However I
> do not know the consequences if I perform this.

>   Thanks in advance,
>    Brett

1. Error Message in access_log file. Password Mismatch

I'm trying to password protect various web-page directories, but have
been receiving a 'password mismatch' error message in the log files.
The error message on the browser (after I attempt to access the web
page) says that I'm not authorized to access that web page.

I've setup the .htaccess file and the .htpasswd files.

I will mention that I could not locate a htpasswd program to encrypt
passwords, so I downloaded a password encryption program and have used
that to help me create the .htpasswd file.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks.

Please respons via e-mail, as I check my e-mail about every hour.

Thank you,

Michael Ridinger

2. Anyone have a 3com 3c515 (10/100 isa adapter)

3. Apache 1.3.0 access_log file not written

4. CD-Writer for UNIX

5. how to get the access_log file name in a program

6. X and kernel 2.1.129

7. jakarta-tomcat logging like access_log file of apache

8. I have a problem installing linux on Digital Personal Workstation 500a, please help me...

9. Remove entries from Apache web server access_log file

10. How to change the format of access_log file?

11. access_log file example

12. Question reguarding access_log file.......

13. Inaccurate access_log file