Help installing mod_perl on Apache 1.3.14

Help installing mod_perl on Apache 1.3.14

Post by Peter M. Perchansk » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 23:23:43

Greetings:

I'm trying to install the latest version of mod_perl on Apache 1.3.14
running on Solaris 8.

When I run the perl Makefile.PL, I'm told that we must be running Apache
1.3.0 and it aborts.

I tried modifying the program to fake the $httpdv to believe we had 1.3.0,
and yet when I try to make Apache the make fails (the make install of the
mod_perl does create the necessary directory structure in src\modules in the
Apache src directory).

What steps must I take to get mod_perl installed for Apache 1.3.14?

Thank you.

P.S.  We've tried the install with perl 5.6 and perl 5.005.03.

--
_____________________
Peter M. Perchansky

Help installing mod_perl on Apache 1.3.14

Post by stevemcconn.. » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:46:17

try getting mod_perl-1.24_01 it fixed this problem for me.

steve

Quote:> Greetings:

> I'm trying to install the latest version of mod_perl on Apache 1.3.14
> running on Solaris 8.

> When I run the perl Makefile.PL, I'm told that we must be running
Apache
> 1.3.0 and it aborts.

> I tried modifying the program to fake the $httpdv to believe we had
1.3.0,
> and yet when I try to make Apache the make fails (the make install of
the
> mod_perl does create the necessary directory structure in src\modules
in the
> Apache src directory).

> What steps must I take to get mod_perl installed for Apache 1.3.14?

> Thank you.

> P.S.  We've tried the install with perl 5.6 and perl 5.005.03.

> --
> Peter M. Perchansky

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/