PASSWORD PROTECT QUESTION

Post by Bobb » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

From what I know, which ain't very much really, password
protecting is done by directories. Is it possible for me
to have one or more pages excluded from that protection?
If so, how?

Thanks for helpin

Dan

PASSWORD PROTECT QUESTION

Post by Stefan Zeige » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> From what I know, which ain't very much really, password
> protecting is done by directories. Is it possible for me

No, it's done by realms. Realms are a partition of the server's
name space which is independent of the "directory" structure.

Quote:> to have one or more pages excluded from that protection?
> If so, how?

Depends on what server software you're using. Consult your
server's documentation.

--
Stefan Zeiger <szeiger{AT}usa{DOT}net>   NetForge Web Server for Java (v0.28)
http://home.pages.de/~szeiger/      http://pweb.uunet.de/novocode.ab/prod/nf/

1. Password CGI: Add links within a password protected area

Hi,
Ive got a problem concerning a cgi-script which asks for a username and
a password for this user.
The script is working without problems. Now my problem is that: How is
it possible to me to add links within this password protected page.
If I add a link the server sends me the message, that this site is not
allowed to be opened by the logged in user.
How can I handle this?
I want to add links for the logged in user without a second login.
This sites should only been seen by the logged in user!

Thx for advise
    Ralph

2. IRIX/linux csh differences

3. Protect files with password ... without the password

4. Can I restart the resolver?

5. Apache newbie question -- Password protect a file.

6. Real Time timing problem

7. newbie-question: cgi-script for password-protected access to personal data

8. Error booting after doing updates

9. Phttpd and password protected dirs.

10. Password protect web folder

11. need GRUB to password protect DOS

12. How can I protect My backup with Password

13. telnetd[#####]: can't find user in protected password database