rotatelogs doesn't rotate

Post by Jim » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have the following directive in httpd.conf:

TransferLog "|/usr/HTTPServer/bin/rotatelogs /usr/HTTPServer/logs/access_log
86400"

At the specified time, a new (archived) log file is created, but the old one
is not cleared out (and hence just continues to grow larger). Anybody know
why? Thanks for any info.

rotatelogs doesn't rotate

Post by Guy Smile » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

If you are using Virtual Servers, make sure you have specified that
directive for each Virtual Server and not just at the end of the entire
httpd.conf file. It sounds like that is what's going on.

> I have the following directive in httpd.conf:

> TransferLog "|/usr/HTTPServer/bin/rotatelogs

/usr/HTTPServer/logs/access_log
Quote:> 86400"

> At the specified time, a new (archived) log file is created, but the old
one
> is not cleared out (and hence just continues to grow larger). Anybody know
> why? Thanks for any info.

1. Apache's rotatelogs rotating files at 19:00 instead of 0:00

Hi,

My apologies if this question does not belong in this group. I
have Apache 1.3.4 running on SuSe Linux 6.0 with a 2.2.9 kernel.
In httpd.conf I use

        TransferLog "|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs /logs/access_log 86400"

After restarting the server at midnight I found out that the access_log
files are getting rotated at 19:00.  Here are a few samples of the rotated
file names:

-rw-r-----   1 root     root      8340462 Nov  6 18:59 access_log.0941846400
-rw-r-----   1 root     root      8324002 Nov  7 18:59 access_log.0941932800
-rw-r-----   1 root     root     18908574 Nov  8 18:59 access_log.0942019200
-rw-r-----   1 root     root     22040007 Nov  9 18:59 access_log.0942105600

I would really like to have the files rotated at midnight.  Is this possible?
Am I doing something wrong?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.  Please reply to the newsgroup or
directly to

Thanks in advance,
Sergey

2. need help with .bashrc file

3. setting rotatelogs to rotate at midnight

4. How to add a second parallel port on Red Hat ?

5. Syslog doesn't work after rotate

6. Passing variables from a loop

7. Netatalk doesn't rotate print jobs!

8. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

9. Where to find 'rotd' rotate log file utility?

10. PPP doesn't die, it just doesn't work anymore

11. It Doesn't Matter (much) If Sun Doesn't "Support" Dataless

12. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

13. : PLIP start up doesn't report problems but also doesn't work?