Ho to log access_log to split file and based on split per-virtual-host !

Ho to log access_log to split file and based on split per-virtual-host !

Post by George x » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 09:50:00

Hello all:
  I has setup mass virtual hosting use mod_vhost_alias in single server.and
I want to log access_log to split file and based on split per-virtual-host .

How to do ?
Thank you!

Post by Alex Brow » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:27:26

> Hello all:
>   I has setup mass virtual hosting use mod_vhost_alias in single server.and
> I want to log access_log to split file and based on split per-virtual-host .

> How to do ?

man perl

A.

Ho to log access_log to split file and based on split per-virtual-host !

Post by Max Dittric » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 23:00:12

Hi George,

Damn, are your reading this newsgroup or just asking questions ?

> Hello all:
>   I has setup mass virtual hosting use mod_vhost_alias in single server.and
> I want to log access_log to split file and based on split per-virtual-host .

> How to do ?

See above the thread "apache (maybe mod_log_config) and logging" from
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 05:56:40 GMT

> Apache comes with a perl script called split-logfile (in the src/support
> dir) that will split the file out by vhost.  It may require a little
> hacking to get it working like you want, then again it might not.

...max

1. How can I split a log file into several log files?

Hello, I need to setup a log server.  This in itself is no problem, but if I
have several different systems
logging to one system and one logfile it makes it kind of hard to scan
through.
On the log server, there is the syslog file which contains several different
systems logs.
I'm trying to get something like:
syslog_system1
syslog_system2
syslog_system3
etc...
Does anyone know of a utility or script that could perform this for me?
Or is there something in syslog.conf I can do?
Thanks very much!
Don

2. New password hashing library

3. Split input file based on size of file

4. ksh for Minix! (pdksh-5.2.13).

5. To split or not to split?

6. How to format boot drive?

7. problems piping from "split" to "mail" (split | mail)

8. GO TO OTHER SITES THAT ISP PROBLEM

9. Split up agpgart into per implementation files.

10. word splitting splits words wrongly?

11. Help W/Unix Shell Script - File Splitting Based on Text String

12. Splitting a large file based on begining and ending pattern.

13. splitting a very large file based on characters in a record (performance)