HTTP/1.0 vs HTTP/1.1 question

Post by Thomas Porte » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:59:15

Any idea what the current ratio of this protocol is on the internet
today?

Thanks, Tom

HTTP/1.0 vs HTTP/1.1 question

Post by Christoph Voge » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:48:33

> Any idea what the current ratio of this protocol is on the internet
> today?

I don't know exactly your motivation for this question but normally we
recognize a ratio approx. 1:1 (maybe 1.1 HTTP/1.0 to 0.9 HTTP/1.1) for one
of our most requested domains. There are many situations where communication
is necessarily over HTTP/1.0.

Regards,

Christoph.

HTTP/1.0 vs HTTP/1.1 question

Post by Thomas Porte » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:57:31

>> Any idea what the current ratio of this protocol is on the internet
>> today?

>I don't know exactly your motivation for this question but normally we
>recognize a ratio approx. 1:1 (maybe 1.1 HTTP/1.0 to 0.9 HTTP/1.1) for one
>of our most requested domains. There are many situations where communication
>is necessarily over HTTP/1.0.

>Regards,

>Christoph.

Thanks Christoph,

Mostly just curious, but we had some problems in a server zone that I
thought might have been related to HTTP/1.1- turns out it wasn't.

Best, Tom

HTTP/1.0 vs HTTP/1.1 question

Post by Nick K » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:03:25

Quote:> Any idea what the current ratio of this protocol is on the internet
> today?

The browser with the highest market share uses HTTP/0.9 with an ad-hoc
set of features from 1.x versions added.

If you meant to ask about (name) virtual hosts, then you got the wrong
question.  HTTP/1.0 and other agents have supported them since '95.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. NetInstall

3. Apache Proxy question: HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.0

4. Strange SCSI bit errors

5. HTTP 1.0 or HTTP 1.1

6. How to fix root file system "/"?

7. http 1.0 or http 1.1

8. NFS - Access rights - solaris --linux

9. HTTP/1.0 vs 1.1??

10. HTTP 1.0 vs 1.1

11. HTTP/1.0" 304 0 HTTP/1.0 304 Not

12. virtual hosting and HTTP 1.0/1.1?