Total Newbie Apache Question

Post by Dilemm » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:48:13

I am trying to get a test machine running and this is my first.  I
have installed the latest version of freebsd and apache without a
problem.  I am using the ip address as the host and domain.  The
software installs just fine.  But  the network is blind to the machine
and I cannot even ping the ip. the only way I can access the machine
is if i log onto the server and use localhost.  it won't even ping
it's own ip.
 I have tried to change the servername in the httpd.conf file to the
ip but that does not work.
I am so confused and lost so if you could help I would appreciate it.

Total Newbie Apache Question

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:22:23

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:48:13 GMT,

+ I am using the ip address as the host and domain.  The
+ software installs just fine.  But  the network is blind to the machine
+ and I cannot even ping the ip. the only way I can access the machine
+ is if i log onto the server and use localhost.  it won't even ping
+ it's own ip.

Sounds like the network isn't set up correctly. If that's the case,
you should ask in a BSD newsgroup...but in the meanwhile, as root:

ifconfig -a

I assume that ifconfig is generic...

James
isn't looking good, either.

1. Apache: total newbie question

hello and happy new year all

I've just finished to install Linux on a PC.
I've a PPP dial up connection to an Internet provider so i've neither IP
number (i got it when I connect) nor FQDN.

1- Can I set up a Apache Web server woking when my Linux box is connected
to my Internet Provider (in this cas I have a IP number but no FQDN)

2- Can I set up a local Web server to practice configuration (conencted via
ethernet to antoher PC or a Macintosh)

In both case where can I find comprehensive documentation on Apache, i've
read Apache docs but didn't understand anything.

2. Problem accessing PATH_INFO environment variable from Apache 1.0

3. total, total newbie needs help with general unix

4. Virtual Screen

5. Total Newbie questions

6. Oops on 2.4.7-ac7 / ac11 in ide-scsi

7. total newbie question

8. XTank

9. Total Newbie Question

10. Total newbie Xwindows/Win95 question

11. Total newbie question on LIBPATH

12. Total Newbie Question : CD ROM & Floppy

13. Total Newbie question on LIBPATH