Automating sending POST requests to Apache

Automating sending POST requests to Apache

Post by Pumpkinhe » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:54:37

How can I do this?  I am setting up a bash script to test the
stability of a servlet.  It should continue to send a rather long POST
request to Apache 1.3.20 from Red Hat 7.0.

Can I use lynx for this?  How do I input the "standard input"?

Peter

Post by Jeff Lon » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:18:07

> How can I do this?  I am setting up a bash script to test the
> stability of a servlet.  It should continue to send a rather long POST
> request to Apache 1.3.20 from Red Hat 7.0.

> Can I use lynx for this?  How do I input the "standard input"?

Not sure I understand your second question but you use the -post_data
option to lynx:

-post_data
        send form data from stdin using POST method and dump
        results.

echo 'var1=value1&var2=value2\n---' | lynx -post_data
http://something.com/cgi-bin/script

or similar should work.

Jeff Long

Automating sending POST requests to Apache

Post by Pumpkinhe » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:18:20

No that doesn't work because it drops to a newline after issueing lynx
-post_data and then expects standard input.  That's how my second
question comes in.  The post data is not an argument.

>> How can I do this?  I am setting up a bash script to test the
>> stability of a servlet.  It should continue to send a rather long POST
>> request to Apache 1.3.20 from Red Hat 7.0.

>> Can I use lynx for this?  How do I input the "standard input"?

>Not sure I understand your second question but you use the -post_data
>option to lynx:

>-post_data
>    send form data from stdin using POST method and dump
>        results.

>echo 'var1=value1&var2=value2\n---' | lynx -post_data
>http://something.com/cgi-bin/script

>or similar should work.

>Jeff Long

Automating sending POST requests to Apache

Post by Jeff Lon » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:46:21

Perhaps you have a version of lynx that doesn't support -post_data like
mine:

www.ku.edu/cgi-bin/pq.pl

                                 Query Results

   You submitted the following name/value pairs:
     * test1=val1
     * test2=val2

Jeff Long

> No that doesn't work because it drops to a newline after issueing lynx
> -post_data and then expects standard input.  That's how my second
> question comes in.  The post data is not an argument.

> >> How can I do this?  I am setting up a bash script to test the
> >> stability of a servlet.  It should continue to send a rather long POST
> >> request to Apache 1.3.20 from Red Hat 7.0.

> >> Can I use lynx for this?  How do I input the "standard input"?

> >Not sure I understand your second question but you use the -post_data
> >option to lynx:

> >-post_data
> >       send form data from stdin using POST method and dump
> >        results.

> >echo 'var1=value1&var2=value2\n---' | lynx -post_data
> >http://something.com/cgi-bin/script

> >or similar should work.

> >Jeff Long

1. Error: post failed Can't send connect request ...

Greetings,

I'm getting an error in the logs when using inn. The error is ...

   post failed Can't send connect request to server, Unknown error.

I have looked at source for nnrpd and see this line but have not been able
to make the program ... hence be able to trace the problem. Also, it
takes an amount of time for the error to come back ... I suspect it
can't get a handle of some process ??? by the "to server" statement.

Thanks,

-- Tim

2. Ports 514 and 1025

3. Sending XML data to Apache web server and capturing this sent data from the Apache server

4. Linux on a PC + Macintoshes in a network

5. Apache problem - "Bad Request - Your Browser sent a query that this server...

6. linux-2.4.21 released (acpi)

7. Sending a request to Apache server

8. PATCH: remove version.h's

9. Apache: how to log POST requests?

10. Apache JServ Limited the Size of POST Requests?

11. how to write Apache module in C to handle POST requests?

12. Apache JServ Limited the Size of POST Requests?

13. filtering CGI requested with POST (apache 2)