Error msg in Apache 1.3.6... please help!

Error msg in Apache 1.3.6... please help!

Post by Alex Algar » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

We have Apache 1.3.6 (Covalent Raven SSL server, but it functions exactly
like regular Apache). Whenever I hit a page that uses any ScriptAlias
directive, for example:

ScriptAlias /www/shopping/

I get the following error message logged by Apache:
[Fri Apr  2 13:10:00 1999] [error] [client 207.120.109.125] attempt to
invoke directory as script: /www/shopping

The correct script is still run correctly, but these messages clutter up the
error_log file. Does anybody know what might cause this?

Error msg in Apache 1.3.6... please help!

Post by Alex Algar » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I neglected to mention that the only work-around that I've come up with so
far seems to be to set LogLevel crit which is obviously not an ideal
solution.

- Alex Algard

Error msg in Apache 1.3.6... please help!

Post by Raghura » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello Alex,

The following describes ScriptAlias

# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the
client.

As you can see, Apache thinks you are trying to
execute a script.  Guess, you need to use "Alias" directive.

--
Best regards,
Raghu (mail me at rram at india dot hp dot com)

Post by Ron Klatchk » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> We have Apache 1.3.6 (Covalent Raven SSL server, but it functions exactly
> like regular Apache). Whenever I hit a page that uses any ScriptAlias
> directive, for example:

> ScriptAlias /www/shopping/

That is not a valid ScriptAlias directive.  ScriptAlias takes two
parameters.

moo

Error msg in Apache 1.3.6... please help!

Post by Alex Algar » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

My apologies, I made a typo. What I actually have in the config file is:

ScriptAlias /shopping/ /www/shopping/

... and Raghu, I am indeed trying to execute scripts in this directory, so
using "Alias" shouldn't solve the problem. The real problem is that I keep
on getting warning messages that clutter up my error log whenever I execute
scripts that use the ScriptAlias directive!

1. boot error msg.. please help me

Hi, i did a clean install to upgrade my system to RedHat 7.3
kernel-2.4.18-3

there is a error msg showing on system startup

1.

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2

I tried to manually excute
/sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter
after, and i was able to load that module

what is making the module loader to fail at the boot when loading that
module?How do fix it instead of loading it manually everytime?

2.

PCI: Probing PCI hardware
"Unknown bridge resources 0: assuming transparent
Unknown bridge resources 1: assuming transparent
Unknown bridge resources 2: assuming transparent"

is this an error msg?

Someone please help me!!

Thanx^^
Francis

2. Script for SlirP using dip. !

3. SlackZip Linux error MSG- Please help!

4. Anyone using TenDra (C compiler)?

5. please help w/error msg assoicate w/snmpd

6. SB16

7. apache 2.0.36 on solaris 7 binary error msg - help

8. smbfs: cannot mount; smbclient works.

9. Please Explain Simple Error Msg

10. Can't start lynx from inside an apache instance (error msg?)

11. Apache httpd & a recurring error msg.

12. Apache 1.0.0: Meaning of Error Msg...

13. Apache Output Aborted w/ No Error Msg