Block specific IP addresses

Post by steveFarri » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:01:00

What is the best way to block IP addresses from accessing a machine via
httpd
while running Apache 1.3?

--
original guitar music at
http://www.stevefarris.net

Block specific IP addresses

Post by Nemesis Service » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:05:28

.htaccess file or even ipchains

> What is the best way to block IP addresses from accessing a machine via
> httpd
> while running Apache 1.3?

> --
> original guitar music at
> http://www.stevefarris.net

Block specific IP addresses

Post by steveFarri » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:10:55

So should the following work? (it isn't currently and i have AllowOverride all set)

<Location / >
  Order deny,allow
  deny from 123.456.23.45
  allow from all
</Location>

--
original guitar music at
http://www.stevefarris.net

Post by Joshua Sliv » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 05:14:44

> So should the following work? (it isn't currently and i have AllowOverride all set)
> <Location / >
>   Order deny,allow
>   deny from 123.456.23.45
>   allow from all
> </Location>

Check the documentation on Order:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_access.html#order

You'll find that this configuration lets everyone in because the
"allow from all" overrides the "deny".  Change to "Order allow,deny"
and it should work, or keep the existing Order and remove the "allow
from all".

By the way, AllowOverride has nothing to do with this unless you are
using .htaccess.

--
Joshua Slive

1. Block specific ip address

I want to block some specific IP addresses from accessing (telnet/open
connections etc)my Rs/6000 F80 system under AIX 4.3.3 these IPs  are of
win95 and are using the oracle financial applications. Is there a way on
Rs/6000 to defined this? or i need to put these specific IPs somewhere
in a file on AIX or what? Thanks in advance for the help

2. DS10L 600Mhz EV67 Hobbyist Systems

3. how to block some specific IP addresses from accessing

4. Writing codes for unix - c.

5. Cant block specific web address

6. Xtank - Netrek

7. IPTables block specific IP's

8. sig_t strangely defined?

9. Block specific IP with ipchains?

10. ipchains: blocking a specific IP

11. bind ICMP to specific IP address

12. How to allow specific but unknown (ahead of time) IP addresses ssh through my firewall

13. Q: How to create a socket with a specific IP-address