no "Content-type" sent for CERN proxied FTP URLs?

no "Content-type" sent for CERN proxied FTP URLs?

Post by Lance Slo » Mon, 20 May 1996 04:00:00

I'm using CERN httpd v3.0 as a proxy server with the basic configuration as
shown in their examples.  The client is Netscape v2.02 on a Mac.  When
Netscape requests an FTP URL through the proxy server, it doesn't do the
right thing with the file.  That is, if I use Netscape without a proxy
server and request a .hqx file via an FTP URL, the appropriate helper
application is loaded.  However, if I request the same URL through the
proxy server, it is just shown as text in the client, with MIME type
"text/plain".

My question is, naturally, how can I get Netscape or the proxy server
to do the right thing with FTP URLs?  It seems like the client should
react the same way to the document whether or not it came through a
proxy server.

I'd appreciate it if those who reply would also email me a copy of their
response so that I will notice them sooner!

TIA!

--

Univ. of Mich. Computing Club

--

University of Michigan Computing Club                      Ann Arbor, Michigan

1. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

Hi,

When i start a shell under X, i can type all characters on my keyboard,
the same when i start the simple editor, but when i start Forte (Java
IDE) written in Java i cant use the "(", ")", "{", "}" and allmost none
of the characters that are located on the same key as a number...

Does anybody have an idea what i can do about that... could it be
something with programs written in Java..?

Mvg,
Erwin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. internet access through another subnet

3. My linux+Apache+mod_perl cannot recognize "Content-type:" etc

4. PPPD

6. Stupid ?: directing options in pipe

8. Changing DPI setting of X server

9. Cern proxy ftp URL fails, but anon ftp to same site works

10. reverse proxy and url "translation" with apache - help !

11. how to enable a "proxy news" on CERN WWW-server ?

12. looking for a free "to to list"/"scheduler" type app

13. TCP: "send" vs "write"